CIB – Investor Services – Custody & Fund Services
Client & Services Platform – Entitlements Product Development – Associate/Analyst – Bangalore
About J.P. Morgan & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (C&IB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Custody and Fund Services
Custody and Fund Services, is a global industry leader with $18 trillion in assets under custody. J.P. Morgan provides innovative custody, fund accounting and administration and securities services to the world’s largest institutional investors, alternative asset managers and debt and equity issuers. J.P. Morgan’s Custody and Fund Services business is comprised of Custody, Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, and other activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternative funds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services.
Client & Services Platform forms part of the Custody & Fund Services Product Development group. Our mission is to support our clients’ investment process by providing market leading reporting and information delivery services.
The Entitlements workstream is aggressively defining requirements for a new client-access provisioning product within C&FS. To achieve this it must map the complex client-hierarchy structures across all platforms within C&FS, with initial focus on the Custody and Analytics platforms. This will then be used to create cross-product views as part of the overall Client Platform and IIS-Analytics platform strategy
The role requires somebody with a keen eye, who can get into detail of the existing “flat” client data structures, work with partners across different client solutions teams to ensure requirements are fully defined and mapped to clean hierarchical relationship data going forward. This will include understanding & documentation how each system currently manages entitlements, the existing processes followed for configuration and mapping to the proposed provisioning product. System and Process gaps will need to be identified and closed as we move to standard model across all services
Primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Program management
- Assume the product owner role (Agile methodology) to manage the execution of the certain Entitlement-related workstreams from scope planning to go-live based on agile methodology including ABC (Accelerated Business Case) phase planning, backlog grooming, stories definition and sprint/iteration planning including stakeholder and executive stakeholder meeting for status and actions
- Write and provide sign-off on Business Requirement documents ensuring that any proposed solution as been syndicated with the relevant parties prior to implementation
- Perform role of POP (Product Owner Proxy) on cross functional scrum huddles across the sub streams
- E2E Delivery Planning and Product development
- Process mapping/modelling for revised entitlements TOM with hub entitlements team
- Analysis of client data structures and agreement with stakeholders of accuracy
- Analysis of complex system attribute covered by existing entitlement model across Custody and Fund Services products and systems as they are migrated to strategic tool
- Day to day management of migration and remediation’s undertaken
As Entitlements Product Development personnel, you will work closely with the product development teams in NY and London. The person will partner functions within Product, Operations and Technology to analyze existing client data structures; and entitlements attributes and business requirements. This analysis will be across multiple Custody and Fund Services business areas and provide a key element of the roadmap for delivery of the strategic solution. As the system development progresses you will also play a role in migration of existing processes/technologies to the new platform.
Competencies - Skills and qualities needed
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand data attributes and their usage in detail and draw structured conclusions
- Disciplined approach to control and process management
- Strong project management capabilities. Certification in one of the program management skills is a plus
- Ability to analyze business models/practices and identify innovative solutions
- Understanding of agile and be able to perform basic Product Owner.
- Track record of partnership across multiple stakeholders
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter and able to prioritize effectively.
- Experience in process flow analysis/mapping is a plus
- Bachelors in engineering, finance or mathematics
- Exposure to data modelling and basic statistics
Industry Knowledge Required
- Industry experience: experience working in Financial services with specific experience in Global Markets, Custody, Fund Services, Securities Lending, Collateral Management or Prime Brokerage