The role entails
• Delivery of software on time and on budget, based on original scope & requirements
• Designing software and producing scalable and resilient technical designs
• Driving the delivery of business value via change programs/projects within the futures & options clearing technology group
• Digesting and understanding Business Requirements and designing new modules/functionality to meet those needs
• Creating Automated Unit Tests using Flexible/Open Source Frameworks using a Test Driven Development approach
• Develop a strong understanding of the Futures & Options business and key functions of clearing, margining & settlements.
• Partner with supporting tech leads to develop realistic and achievable project estimates
• Analysis and build within Control, Stability, Resiliency, Capacity & Performance areas.
• Testing: Unit, SIT & UAT planning and management.
• Robust delivery of code into the production environment with zero tolerance for post implementation issues
• Take part in decisions affecting long range organizational goals & strategic planning.
• Proactively look to develop, implement and further development best practices across the group. The areas of focus should include, but not be limited to quality improvement, code reviews, code/architecture standards, code reuse, reduction of support calls, technical documentation and technical design specifications.
Relevant university degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 3-5+ years of application development experience
• Confidence with Core Java J2EE with Java 6
• Multi-threaded Programming
• Java Frameworks i.e. Spring; Hibernate
• Proficiency with Development Tools (e.g. Eclipse, Hudson)
• Track Record delivering in an Investment Bank environment
• RDBMS experience preferably Oracle 10g/11g skills and preferably DB2
• Test Driven Development Skills
• Exposure/ competence with Agile Development approach
• Solid experience utilizing Source code control software (e.g. Clearcase, Subversion)
• Minimum 3-5+ years of technical/business analysis experience (includes documentation of technical design, end-user requirements, designing and writing use cases, component design descriptions and process flow diagrams)
• Experience with design/build tools (Magic Draw, Enterprise Architect, etc)
• Extensive business and data analysis skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience with business process mapping & tools
• Process analysis and design
• Experience in investment banking technology and applications
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran