JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of 2 trillion USD and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
One of the firm's top priorities continues to be strengthening its risk and control environment. The Risk Governance & Planning Office reports to the firm's Chief Financial Officer of Finance and Risk and Firmwide Risk Executive of Operational Risk Governance. The team is responsible for enhancing and managing the Firmwide Risk Governance framework and driving forward strategic initiatives within Risk Management. The team facilitates the execution of new requirements from Regulators and Risk Management priorities from the Board of Directors and/or Executive Management. Another key function is to deliver against ad-hoc requests directly owned by the Firmwide Chief Risk Officer, and other Senior Executives within the Risk Organization. Of the several central initiatives the team manages, one key effort is the Finance & Risk Roadmap, a multi-year effort across the firm aimed at implementing a more effective infrastructure and operating model
The Risk Governance & Planning Vice President will support the team’s strategic book of work and be responsible for leading projects from end-to-end. This includes the strategic planning, execution and overall delivery of key priorities for Risk. This individual will play a significant role in storyboarding and developing Operating Committee and Board Level presentations in partnership with senior Risk executives. Finally, he/she will have the ability to improve and/or revamp several existing and new deliverables, reports, tools and processes owned by the Risk Management. This role will involve operating within the center of the firm’s Risk Management organization, with exposure to many risk areas and line of business risk teams.
· Support the execution of various initiatives across the Risk organization to ensure strategic and/or regulatory objectives are met
· Create concise presentations that “tell a story” in a digestible manner; bring attention to key details using impactful formatting and executive writing
· Convert detailed analysis into crisp presentations for leadership decision making
· Partner with senior Risk Executives to deliver important projects
· Drive the simplification and rationalization of existing governance structures, processes, tools and reports within Risk Management
· Solve complex problems on a wide range of topics
· Support the creation of executive level communications for varying levels of the organization
· Support the ongoing production and management of senior Risk Management forums
· Maintain organization over the team’s deliverables and manage timelines accordingly
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· 5+ years experience in project management, business management, risk management or strategy
· Excellent leadership, interpersonal, & relationship management skills
· Outstanding verbal & written communication skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Proven ability to collaborate and build strong partnerships across functions/teams
· Experience presenting updates to senior management preferred but not required
· Strong organization and ability to be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work
· Excellent people management skills, with prior experience leading teams preferred
· High degree of initiative, self direction, and ability to work independently as well within a team
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
· Working knowledge of Financial markets and risk management frameworks is preferred
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.