J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $23.5 trillion of assets under custody and ranked #1 for Global Investment Banking fees, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Securities Operations Industry & Regulatory Oversight team is a dedicated team of project resources focused on supporting strategic and tactical change as it relates to the Industry & Regulatory landscape. The group provides a unique mix of project and business analyst skills with vast product experience enabling the team to provide a consistent, high-quality and responsive approach to the way we manage and execute change and ensure proper controls are in place within Securities Operations.
As a Securities Operations Industry & Regulatory project lead, the candidate will have responsibility for standing up a program focused on overseeing controls related to regulatory change and legal entity impact, looking at both external and internal factors. Additional responsibilities include maintaining and managing a dashboard with status updates and supporting senior status updates. There will be opportunities to manage additional projects covering Resolution & Recovery, Industry Change including reviewing Utility concepts and Blockchain use cases, and other internal strategic initiatives.
The team is split regionally supporting NAMR and EMEA & APAC.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for project managing several large initiatives and will work closely with their Operations (Core and Middle Offices), Compliance, Technology, Business, and Legal partners to:
- Support standing up the program including establishing governance, tracking and maintaining key metrics and embedding the team as a critical oversight step in various processes
- Manage tracking and resolution of technology issues, results of adverse audits, and breaches of operational processes that have a regulatory or legal entity impact
- Understand all new regulatory change, how it impacts the operating environment and bring forth changes needed to the Business and Technology teams
- Consolidate information on strategic programs and understand regulatory impact to operational processes
- Establish a process for regulatory sign-off within all Technology change releases
- Act as a gatekeeper for all regulatory reporting ensuring proper sign-off procedures are in place and being followed
- Engage in existing Operational Committees and Governance Forums to be appraised of information and to inform participants of regulatory change
- Partner with key stakeholders including but not limited to operations, middle office, various lines of business, technology, compliance, legal, and product teams
- Additional responsibilities will include assisting in the annual submission and monthly governance process for Resolution & Recovery across 5 critical operations plans aligned to Securities Operations, engaging with Corporate and CIB PMO offices, and supporting special projects and requests associated with the Resolution & Recovery efforts
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 5-10 years of experience in finance, business management or project/program management
- Strong background working in and around operations/technology/projects and regulatory/industry protocols
- Excellent skill in Microsoft Office suite – particularly in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Very strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional global teams and interact with all staff levels
- Ability to be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work
- Logical, structured approach to planning, problem solving and decision-making
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong risk and controls awareness
- Ability to work under pressure and to fixed deadlines
- Self-starter with ability to manage own workload and deliverables along with others
- Experience with Securities and Operations preferred