J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
Derivative Operations provides operational support across the CIB covering eight key product areas including FX, OTC Derivatives, Collateral Principal, 3rd Party Derivatives, Cleared Derivatives, Agency Collateral, Billing and CASS with ~1,900 employees. Services provided to our Businesses include:
- Transaction Processing, Confirmation, Settlement and Clearing, Collateral Management, Client Service, Invoicing and CASS Support
- Typical daily activity includes settling in excess of $217B via FX trading, leading a Markets OTC portfolio of 2.5M trades, servicing >200 3rd party clients, performing 10,000 margin calls, processing 470k cleared and intermediated trades and producing >9,000 invoices
Global Clearing Operations supports Clearing, Reconciliations, Middle Office, F&O House Ops, Expiries & Deliveries, Settlement, Brokerage, Client On-boarding, Client Money, Regulatory Reporting, Static Data Management and Position Management.
- JPM is the 2nd largest Futures Commission Merchant based on Client Assets
- Processes ~750,000 cleared and intermediated trades daily
- Provides clearing at 62 global Clearing Houses
- Settled USD equivalent 24.3Bn in physical deliveries Q1 2016
Buenos Aires - J.P. Morgan’s extensive history in Argentina dates back to the 1880s, playing a crucial role in the financing of railroads, gold and minerals extraction, and sovereign financing. In 1978, J.P. Morgan reinforced its local presence with a branch office in the city, and less than a decade later, J.P. Morgan Argentina S.A. was created. Buenos Aires is a key location for the company’s international footprint. The firm is investing in creating a world-class corporate center in Buenos Aires, with refurbished and high performance workplaces, state-of-the-art technology and collaboration tools. It’s a first-class environment, where people take great pride in the important work they do for the company. Employees at the BA Corporate Center provide a wide range of support for the firm’s day-to-day, global business activities, representing JPM Corporate & Investment Bank, the strategic Operations & Technology Corporate Center and Corporate Functions. Employees work in 2 buildings collaborating, innovating and sharing their time while offering robust training, development and internal mobility opportunities.
The primary responsibility of the position is to provide comprehensive support the day to day Operations for derivatives & other banking products, within the Corporate Investment Bank. Evening Shift: from 12.00-21.00 / 13.00-22.00
Summary of Responsibilities
• Ensure timelines and service delivery standards are continually achieved.
• Risk mitigation and escalation of issues in a timely manner.
• Comply with policies, procedures and controls at all times for the safety of company and clients.
• Partnership with multiple groups within the company such as technology, finance and other operation teams.
• Identify opportunities for process improvements and value-added initiatives.
Skills and Qualifications
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and changing environment with demanding timelines and deadlines.
• Team player, with experience working in matrix organizations. Internal and external client service orientation.
• Solid communication skills (written and verbal).Capacity to work effectively with diverse styles and across cultures.
• Bachelor’s degree (or in the last year of study) from leading academic institution. Bilingual in English (oral and written).Postgraduate level qualifications / Banking Industry Experience / risk management are a plus.