JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co is responsible for the provision of legal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally align with the Corporation’s lines of business and corporate staff areas. This structure encourages legal teams and businesses and staff areas to discuss legal, regulatory and business developments effectively and in a timely manner.
There is an open position for an experienced litigator to support the Wholesale & Corporate Litigation Group.
The litigator will report to a Managing Director in the Litigation Group.
The position is located in New York. We are looking for an experienced litigation attorney who will work independently and with outside counsel to represent the Firm in contested matters, as well as provide advice on a broad range of other matters and issues. The position involves independent contact with, and support of, senior management in the Firm. The position will also require case reporting and other administrative functions.
· A minimum of five to seven years of litigation experience in complex commercial matters in New York state and federal courts, with significant experience in financial services industry disputes;
· Knowledge of and experience with complex financial products and services;
· Knowledge of current developments in banking and securities law, commercial law, and other law relevant to the client covered areas, and in State and Federal court practice;
· Ability to assume significant independent responsibility immediately;
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
· Outstanding organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple complex matters simultaneously;
· The ability to think strategically;
· The ability to write well and communicate effectively to both legal and non-legal professionals, including senior executives of the Firm;
· The ability to build and maintain good client and colleague relationships;
· Major Law Firm experience a plus;
· JD degree and member of the New York bar.
· All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
· Must have at least 5 years of experience practicing law post-JD