As a member of our Infrastructure Development team, you’ll immediately put your love of technology into action. Each day, you and your team will be responsible for making sure our platforms, servers and networks are online and secure. You’ll work together, evaluating, selecting, implementing, integrating, maintaining, upgrading, documenting and designing our infrastructure. You’ll find new and creative solutions to troubleshoot and resolve issues. Communication is key, both in problem solving with your supervisors and collaborating with your coworkers, as well as other teams in the network.
This high-energy, results-oriented role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
Ability to articulate and share clear, concise complex technical findings to management in understandable terms
Maintains proficiency in these key areas:
Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations)
Hardware Benchmarking (Agile, program managements, network management)
Design (compliance, security)
Network Engineering (planning, provision)
Proficiency in more than one specific infrastructure technology
Ability to execute with understanding of best practices and JPMC policies top of mind
Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- A balance of strong technical skills and business processes
- Strong experience in Hardware Configuration Definition (HCD)
- Creativity and innovation
- Work schedule flexibility
- Adaptability to challenging and agile business conditions
- A commitment to customer satisfaction
This position is with the GTI ECS Hardware team. As part of this high performance team, the individual will deliver hardware engineering solutions and partner with vendors. This role also will require supporting production environments and resolving issue in a very complex and technologically diverse environment.
- Installation of new product versions/releases
- Research and apply proactive maintenance
- Provide input to management on infrastructure architecture
- Conduct Production Readiness Inspections of change events, assessing impacts and risks
- Develop wellness check scripts, processes and procedures
- Contribute to Root Cause Investigation
- Document changes to infrastructure configuration
- Develop scripting to automate systems engineering tasks (for example, new subsystem builds, maintenance implementations)
The ideal candidate has proven experience in installing / configuring / deploying mainframe hardware in a large IT environment and project leadership skills. This role will encompass a variety of hardware installation, maintenance, support, de-commissioning of existing products, installing new products and transitioning products from test to QA to production environments.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience
- Proven experience of Hardware Configuration Definition (HCD)
- Experience with USS (Unix System Services)
- Experience with z/OS ISPF, JCL, and JES2
- Experience with CA/ACF2 and RACF
- IBM Replication tools : QREP /CDC
- IBM Program Product installation experience – SMP/e
- IBM z/OS Management Facility
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.