JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
JPMorgan Chase is currently seeking an experienced eDiscovery Associate with Litigation/eDiscovery and/or IT process experience to join their eDiscovery Operations team.
The eDiscovery Operations team consists of IT and Legal Technology professionals who fulfill discovery requests from Litigation and Compliance, and provide enterprise guidance, strategy and services for the management of ESI preservation and collection across data formats. The eDiscovery Associate will resolve, and/or coordinate confidential Legal, Compliance, and HR related Preservation, Collection and/or Investigation requests.
Seeking a self-motivated, organized, team oriented person to act as an eDiscovery Operations associate. The Associate will be responsible for meticulously performing custodial research and data source identification, conducting searches against messaging/archiving systems for the purpose of preservation and/or collection of data, and securely transferring data over to Legal, Compliance, and HR within pre-defined Service Level Agreements / turnaround times.
The individual(s) in this role should be familiar with a variety of electronic communications platforms (eComm) e.g. MS Exchange, Enterprise Vault, Lotus Notes, Assentor, Digital Safe as well as have general IT troubleshooting and request fulfillment experience.
- Act as a liaison between the eDiscovery team and global admins and data center contacts, including but not limited to tape operations areas/data centers, to manage various legal restoration and preservation requests
- Research and retrieve/preserve employee data in support of ongoing litigation and regulatory requirements
- Research includes: numerous employee and asset data sources
- Retrieval/Preservation includes: Tape, Exchange, Lotus Notes, email archives
- Coordinate with internal Data Center Operations and external vendors to restore data with appropriate chain-of-custody documentation
- Reconcile restored data and coordinate hand off to Legal
- Administering case work through detailed updates to the case management system
- Ensure that proper chain-of-custody and case completion protocol is being met
- Ensure that Legal requests are progressing and Legal deadlines are being met
- Proactive management and resolution of escalations
- Work with vendors as necessary to satisfy legal requests
- 3+ years of experience in either hands-on eDiscovery preservation and collections or in IT L1, L2 Helpdesk or Desktop Support, Infrastructure, or IT project management
- Organizational knowledge of JPMC or Financial Services a strong plus
- eDiscovery or litigation support related experience a plus
- Intermediate PC skills in a Windows environment
- Effective communicator with a focus on customer satisfaction, quality, process, tools and people
- Self-motivated, organized, team oriented person with the ability to resolve multiple confidential/sensitive, time-critical, and competing priorities and projects
- Familiar, knowledge/use of eDiscovery Electronic Stored Information investigation, preservation, disposition, recovery and analysis of data from IT Systems (e.g. MS Exchange, Lotus Notes, Magnetic Tape, Enterprise Vault, KVS, NAS Storage, Hard Drives, Assentor, Digital Safe) a strong plus
- Familiar, knowledge/use of backup tape infrastructure (ArcServe, TSM, TDP, NetBackup) a strong plus
- Familiar, knowledge/use of Lotus Notes and Microsoft Exchange mail platforms a strong plus