JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co is available at jpmorganchase.com.
Business Area Description
Reference Data Operations is aligned to the Chief Data Office (CDO) which is responsible for improving the quality, integrity and reliability of the firm’s critical data. The organization’s objectives are to explain the path that critical data follows, improve data quality, reduce ambiguity and inconsistent terminology, enhance transparency, rationalize the number of replicated data assets, and improve Firmwide-sharing of information and best practices. The CDO serves as the governing body to create Firmwide standards that drive consistent data management practices, develop technologies and processes to support data management processes, partner with lines of business and functional groups to embed data management best practices and capabilities, and ensure sustainability by refining, measuring, and improving the firm’s ability to manage data.
We are looking for a high performing individual to serve as a regional Operations Controls Manager lead for designated domain(s) within our Reference Data Operations organization which comprise the following Firmwide Data Management groups: Asset Pricing, Finance, Client, Product, and Instrument Reference Data. The individual will partner extensively with members of each of the functions, the Reference Data Management Team, Firmwide O&C, Operational Risk Oversight, Audit, LOB Control Officers, Technology, and Operations. Overall, they will assist in the assessment / enhancement of the end-to-end controls environment through proactive analysis / review of the organization’s processes, issues and strategic roadmap providing recommendations for change and insightful consultation.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Leading regional Operations Controls Manager duties for designated domain(s) on location
· Conducting end to end process reviews to determine controls effectiveness, gaps, efficiencies and deriving suitable recommendations for resolve both tactically / strategically
· Implementing controls to mitigate process risks in case of operational errors / near misses / exceptions
· Identifying existing gaps or control weaknesses in current processes, leveraging best practices, planning and facilitating remediation efforts, and providing cohesive alternatives to strengthen controls and eliminate deficiencies
· Managing the execution of the Risk and Control Self Assessment (RCSA) program; maintaining the RCSAs within FORCE so they continue to reflect the risks and controls associated to the activities performed within Reference Data Operations
· Leading the domain(s) inventory of Issues and Action Plans to timely completion
· Managing change control management and procedures maintenance standards to ensure accurate, robust and meaningful standard operating procedures
· Overseeing migrations of functions between different global operational footprints ensuring proper controls are followed / in place
· Providing internal / external audit / regulatory preparation / management for domain(s) specific processes
· Participating and leading domain specific controls governance forums, providing controls updates / metrics
· Partnering with the Control Programs team on control program deliverables
· Overseeing components of the overall organizations strategic roadmap from a controls perspective
· Managing ad hoc projects and targeted reviews in response to control agenda directives
· 10+ years of financial services experience in controls, audit, quality assurance, risk management, or compliance preferred with direct Operations Controls Manager (OCM) experience a large plus
· Outstanding ability to process map complex / manually intensive processes and ultimately provide meaningful feedback and strategic recommendations / solutions
· Proficient problem solving skills and ability to rapidly learn unfamiliar processes
· Superior ability to structure and scope complex problems, apply a range of analytical tools, gain and synthesize insights and develop solution; creative thinker with strategic mindset
· Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills, proven ability to develop relationships with a wide array of partners, executives, and stakeholders to help drive the control agenda
· Execution focused self-starter with strong initiative and eye for detail; able to take ownership and work independently as well as in a team
· Demonstrate confident leadership and sound judgment to influence a strong culture and risk management
· Strong ability to articulate control evaluation results in a meaningful and actionable manner
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Solid organizational skills and ability to prioritize
· Comfortable operating in a demanding and fast-paced environment
· Responds with flexibility in dynamic environment and comfortable with addressing ambiguity
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the ability to develop compelling / meaningful executive presentations that will drive opportunities / recommendation for improvement
· Ability to design / evolve / manage SharePoint sites a large plus
· Knowledge of FORCE, RDMS, and UWAT applications a plus
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.