About JPMorgan Chase Technology
Join the next wave of innovators
Our $9 billion annual spend on technology gives us a competitive edge. You'll not only collaborate to develop solutions that improve the financial lives of millions, but also help to increase the time to market for our products and services.
About JPMorgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset management services. As the Asset Management line of business in JPMorgan Chase & Co., we serve four distinct client groups through three businesses: institutional and retail clients through Investment Management, ultra high net worth clients through the Private Bank, and high net worth clients through Private Wealth Management. With assets under supervision of $1.7 trillion and assets under management of $1.2 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
About Global Wealth Management Brokerage Technology
The Wealth Management Brokerage team are looking for a VP level Application Development Lead to help drive development of a new real-time, web-based, order management and trading application leveraging Java, micro-services and an event driven architecture deployed within the cloud.
We are building the next generation of Wealth Management applications through a multi-year technology transformation that will consolidate trade flows onto best in class technologies and frameworks, delivering an improved user experience to wealth management investors & advisors and the massive scale and performance required by retail clients.
We are looking for a well-seasoned, hands-on Java developer with technical leadership experience who will be responsible for design, development and maintenance of trade order entry and execution systems. The ideal candidate will be a proactive individual with extensive hands on development experience with Java/J2EE, designing and building scalable distributed systems and a commitment to writing highly reliable, scalable, testable and maintainable code.
The individual will play a critical role in every phase of the SDLC and need to communicate and liaison with various stakeholders and teams across the business and technology space. The candidate must be able to step up to every challenge the position offers, meet deadlines and deliver quality code that meets JPMC standards. This role will provide great potential for individual growth and exposure to cutting edge technologies like building Cloud native applications using Spring Boot and Spring frameworks, WebSocket gateways, message brokers including Kafka & UM, and data fabric solutions like Gemfire. The position will provide opportunity to embrace Agile methodologies and adopt tools for Continuous integration and delivery.
- Full-stack design, development for financial order management and trading software.
- Follow and promote Agile practices like SCRUM and BDD.
- Research new technologies, identify and learn best practice, adapt quickly and provide technical guidance to other team members.
- Work with multiple globally distributed teams to deliver end-to-end solution across regions.
- Advise, collaborate with, and synthesize feedback from Wealth Managers and Product Desks.
- Present and demo to users, stakeholders, and technology groups.
- Promote excellent user experience and system performance.
- Experience developing in ReactJS, Redux, AngularJS, ExtJS, JQuery, NodeJS, or other Web frameworks
- Solid understanding of REST API design and WebSockets
- Experience with development of Web Services and Middleware using Java and Spring Boot or Cloud Frameworks.
- Experience with JDBC/JPBA frameworks such as Hibernate or MyBatis.
- Experience with SQL databases such as Sybase and Oracle, experience with NoSQL databases such as HBase, Cassandra, and tools such as Apache Spark.
- Experience with distributed caches such as GemFire, ehCache, Redis.
- Experience with messaging and integration frameworks like JMS, AMQP, MQ, Kafka
- Experience developing with testing frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito, Karma, Protractor, Jasmine, Mocha, Selenium, and Cucumber.
- Working Knowledge of SCM, packaging, and build tools – GIT, Subversion, Jenkins, NPM, and Maven.
- Experience with building and supporting internet based client facing financial platforms at a large financial institution
- Understanding of the Private Banking business
- Understanding of Equities, Fixed Income, Mutual Funds, Derivatives, and FX, and Alternative Investment products