J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking,
financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits,
institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are
integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centres (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centres provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
This an excellent opportunity for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment where strong analytical skills, business acumen, and superior communication skills are leveraged to support our company's ability to
accurately forecast our losses and identify early signs of credit risks.
The Consumer and Community Bank (CCB) currently consists of a number of credit portfolios including Credit Card, Mortgage, Auto, Student Loans, Business Banking and Dealer Commercial Services. The consumer business is supported by both Vertical Organizations (dedicated risk staff supporting a specific business) and Horizontal Organizations (staff that is accountable for working across businesses). One of these Horizontal organizations is the Consumer Credit Forecasting team.
Within Consumer Credit Forecasting is the Card Loss Forecasting team. Our team is accountable for providing reasonable forecasts of delinquencies, losses and loan loss reserves throughout the year for various purposes like regulatory stress tests (CCAR, ICAAP and quarterly Risk appetite), loss budget for P&A, collections staffing plans etc. The team is also responsible for monitoring the health of the portfolio and updating the business on any concerning trends.
As part of the Credit Card Loss Forecasting team, you will be report to the Manager in India and will be responsible for providing oversight and driving production of the Credit Loss Forecast and Risk Appetite for all JP Morgan Chase Credit Cards. In this highly visible role, the successful candidate will actively help determine the loss forecasting results and drivers. You will also be required to provide support to the business with regular credit monitoring, reporting activities, developing insights and participating in forecast reviews. This information will be presented to executive management and other internal clients. Continuous focus on Process improvements and enhancing controls are critical components of this role.
- Work with a high-performing team that leads advanced analyses to assess relationships and patterns driving loss performance and assess performance of existing models.
- Analyse the impact of evolving standards such as Basel capital and CECL on forecast needs and business decisions.
- Perform allowance impact analysis on various scenarios to support key business decisions
- Understand how the models works, the process design on the loss forecasting engine (include model and non-model components of the process)
- Understand how inputs and outputs are generated and ability to modify inputs and output for what if scenario or regression testing of the models.
- Synthesize large volumes of data into actionable insights to influence business strategies for the Chase Credit Card products
- Documenting findings into compelling reports for senior management risk dialogue and escalation.
- Present findings, recommendations and presentations to Senior Management.
- Expected to work on multiple projects with limited guidance.
- Effectively mentoring other analysts within same risk team and other risk teams to help them develop their risk management skills and knowledge.
The work schedule is Monday - Wednesday, 1 PM - 10 PM IST and Thursday - Friday, 11:30 AM – 8:30 PM IST
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline; Math, Finance, Statistics, Economics or equivalent work/training is required; advanced degree is preferred
- 4+ years of related analytical experience
- Deep credit risk experience in one or more US consumer credit portfolios (i.e. U.S. Mortgage, Home Equity, Credit Card, Automotive, Lease, Business Banking)
- Strong analytical, technical and statistical skills. Ability to synthesize / analyze diverse information, develops recommendations, and makes decisions.
- Project Management Skills -- well-organized, structured approach. Ability to achieve tight timelines on complex deliverables. Ability to manage and prioritize projects across cross-functional groups.
- Ability to develop an auditable control framework for the research completed by the team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interact with individuals across departments / functions and with senior-level individuals.
- 3+ years of SAS programming experience (PC, UNIX or mainframe).
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.