When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial
Institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) team within Digital Technology plays a pivotal role in the success of the organization, bridging the gap between the development, design and product management teams. The Scrum Business Systems Analyst (sBSA) is the heart of the BSA team, working closely with our technology partners to groom detailed stories for our development teams to execute. The BSA is a team player, problem solver, and detail-oriented person. Experience with mobile or web projects is highly recommended.
The BSA typically performs (but is not limited to) the following:
- Focused alignment to the scrum team they are assigned to.
- Groom stories to a level of detail that will enable code to be written and tested without defects; write acceptance criteria and generate test scripts.
- Understand downstream impacts of changes to web services and coordinate with those teams to ensure they are in lock-step with the scrum team from a delivery perspective.
- Maintain a living evergreen repository so that we always have an understanding of our current state.
- Juggle multiple stories at any given time, all with aggressive delivery expectations.
- Take initiative to work across teams to remove impediments.
- Divide complex projects into manageable user stories, with clear requirements, for the development team to consume.
- Work within an Agile environment, applying a strong knowledge of Agile and Scrum practices.
- Run a daily product backlog refinement session; bringing all members of the project together, to refine requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree within a technical field.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience as a Business Systems Analyst, Systems Analyst, technical Analyst or a related discipline with an emphasis on delivering cutting edge technology within finance.
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to forge lasting relationships with the scrum team(s) you are part of.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience of working with Agile Development teams is a must.
- An understanding of iOS/Android development toolkits and mobile applications.
- Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) using Gherkin scripting language.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- Retail/Consumer banking.
- Mobile App development.
- Product Development.
- Programming experience a plus.