Vehicle Remarketing Manufacturer Strategy Director
Vehicle Remarketing (“VR”) is undertaking a major reorganization to address the significant growth of Chase’s off-lease portfolio. Lease returns will top 200,000 vehicles annually, more than triple the number of two years ago, representing over $3 billion in annual sales. In addition, VR provides servicing for the consumers and dealers impacted by these record levels of vehicle returns. Finally, the VR group also manages the sale of tens of thousands of repossessed vehicles per year. To manage the risk associated with increasing volumes, VR is reorganizing into five major functional areas. These five functional areas will each be led by a Director overseeing multiple operations, with each operational area in turn headed up by a VP level department head. The five functional areas are: 1) Vehicles Sales, 2) Manufacturer Partner Strategy, 3) Operations and Controls, 4) Dealer Sales and Communications, and 5) Customer Loyalty. Our goal is to further enhance Vehicle Remarketing’s recognized position as a competitive advantage for Chase and our clients, who will benefit from operations that maximize vehicle values, reduce residual losses, and increase customer loyalty.
The VR Manufacturer Strategy Director provides management and oversight of VR’s relationship with Chase Auto Finance’s (“CAF”) private label manufacturer clients, who make up a material portion of CAF’s total volume. This role is responsible to collaborate with manufacturer partners on the conception, development and deployment of strategic VR initiatives, as well as the analysis and communication of key performance drivers. The VR Manufacturer Relationship Manager will prepare and deliver presentations related to Vehicle Remarketing strategies and operational effectiveness to internal and client executives, up to and including CEO’s and CFO’s. He or she will oversee operations of the manufacturer VR team, and ensure long term objectives, such as vehicles sales channel diversification, residual loss, and consumer loyalty targets are met, and that the team stays on budget. The Manufacturer Strategy manager is also responsible to oversee the continued development of a digital dealer engagement strategy and relationship with key vendors in this space, including oversight of Chase’s private label, lease end, online vehicle sales platform. The role manages a field team of VP level Dealer Program Managers, and is responsible to ensure the team enforces strong controls environment that meets all regulatory, legal, and quality requirements.
The Manufacturer Partner Strategy Director is also responsible for ensuring their teams stay on budget, and that VR remains in close partnership with Manufacturers, and multiple internal functions such as Marketing, Legal, Finance and Risk, to collaborate on loss mitigation and customer retention strategies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage and strengthen relationships with manufacturer clients and key industry vendors.
- Collaborate with private label partners to development and implement lease-end programs to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty, and support vehicle values to control residual losses
- Develop and deliver presentations for senior executives, both internally and at private label manufacturer-partners
- Own data analytics team to assess success of key initiatives, and develop business cases for investment
- Manage multiple, simultaneous projects and initiatives and measure and communicate effectiveness in reducing losses and increasing customer retention.
Assess impacts to supporting functions and define operational changes required to support new initiatives
Build and develop a field team to train and support sales (Dealer Relationship Managers) in delivering new programs to dealers
Evaluate Chase’s loyalty and sales channel distribution programs against competitive offerings; identify best practices and opportunities; spearhead efforts to implement improvements
Define key success indicators and determine best practices for measurement and reporting
Partner across functions (e.g. Manufacturer, Sales, Finance, Marketing, Legal) to create new customer loyalty and loss mitigation programs
Directly manage a team of VP’s that are based remotely, in markets near manufacturer partners
The points below have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these, with or without a reasonable accommodation, for your application to be considered."
- 5+ years’ experience partnering with manufacturers and dealers in sales or similar role
- 5+ years’ experience develop and delivering presentations for internal and client senior executives.
- 5+ years’ experience in Vehicle Remarketing industry and internal operations
- 5+ years’ managing multiple, national scope teams.
- 5+ years’ overseeing multiple projects and operational teams, including budgets
- Strong communication skills, ability to effectively interface with employees, internal partners, dealers and clients
- Sales management experience
- Excellent presentation creation and delivery skills
- Strong knowledge of control, compliance, quality, and regulatory requirements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Strong analytical abilities
- Solid organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and service levels
- Ability to research and resolve issues efficiently and effectively
- Self motivated, strategic thinker with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Team player in dynamic environment
- Strong and professional written, verbal and interpersonal skills