Financial Reporting AssociateFunction DescriptionThe JP Morgan Financial Reporting Team delivers a range of services to institutional asset managers based around the Asian region. The team takes direct responsibility for the production and delivery of Financial Statements of Accounts and related accounting/portfolio information. Certain oversight functions are also performed on compliance and performance reports sent both to the clients and their investment managers.The Financial Reporting Associate (FRA) is primarily responsible for the day-to-day service management of one or more clients; ensuring queries are answered, problems are resolved and issues are escalated. As the point of enquiry/escalation for the clients, a broad knowledge of fund accounting is required together with sound experience of managing clients. The weighting of JP Morgan clients in China & Taiwan make Mandarin language skills a key requirement for a position within the team.Responsibilities
- Production and validation of a suite of IFRS-compliant and regulatory reports timely and accurately
- Interaction with internal & external parties (Clients, Fund Managers, Relationship Managers, Client Service etc.) to respond to any accounting or financial reporting-related queries that may arise
- Take full ownership for all reporting activities and project management of service change request for a group of clients/accounts
- Ongoing analysis of client accounting records and escalation, where appropriate, of any potential issues identified
- Coordination of visits to accounting clients, for periodic service reviews, accounting/ technology training etc
- Maintenance of an orderly set of records for each client, including client service level agreements, to facilitate query management and internal or external audits
- Support of the Financial Reporting Manager in the continuous development of processes & controls within the team
- Training & development of junior members of the Financial Reporting Team
- Fluency in written & spoken English & Mandarin; Korean/ Japanese language skill is an advantage
- University graduate with major in Finance/Accounting preferred
- 6+ years financial reporting, audit or fund accounting experience, at least 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Good understanding of security types and their accounting treatment. Experience of IFRS / IAS an advantage.
- Knowledge of stock market practices & data vendor systems (e.g. Bloomberg).
- Detailed understanding of MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.)
- Professional approach to delivering quality client service
- Disciplined in the following of departmental procedures in order to meet deadlines.
- Committed approach with the ability to communicate effectively within a small team.
- Flexible & willing to work additional hours at peak reporting times if necessary
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.