Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. Chase serves nearly half of America's households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. Customers can choose how and where they want to bank: 5,200 branches, 16,000 ATMs, mobile, online and by phone. For more information, go to Chase.com.
Marketing and Communications at Chase starts with identifying what our customers truly need—and then finding unique ways to communicate how our products and services can help make their lives better. Marketing and Communications impacts the firm's lines of business through best-in-class strategy and execution. Embraced as an integral part of the business, the organization develops marketing strategies and executes communication strategies that support business needs and goals.
Communications Director, Head of U.S. Regional Communications
The world-class Communications Team at JPMorgan Chase is seeking a highly experienced communications professional to lead and coordinate efforts to tell the firm’s story at the local level to media, local opinion leaders, customers and employees. This leader will manage a team of seven to ten professionals in regions across the U.S., report to the Chase’s Chief Communications Officer, and serve on the Chase Communications Leadership Team.
The “player coach” will both manage a team of communicators, and manage the communications in his or her own defined region. The responsibilities of regional communicators include:
· Protect and enhance our reputation passionately and aggressively in local media
· Develop the communications strategy to proactively tell the firm’s story with our customers, employees and in our communities
· Work closely with communications colleagues from the firm’s businesses and corporate groups to localize information that reinforces the value JPMorgan Chase brings to its communities
· Ensure our local leaders are engaged in high-profile local community activities, our employees understand and share in our local community engagement, and our communities know about our work
· Serve as our firm’s spokesperson on a regional level, and establish and maintain relationships with key media outlets
· Serve as counsel to our leaders on media, reputation and other communication- and community-related issues
· Lead internal and external communications in responding to local emergencies.
· Engage fully in our local leadership teams
· Serve as reporter/editor to gather and organize employee communication content.
· Travel to key markets as needed and appropriate
· Do the right thing for our customers and employees, and ensure colleagues do the same
This individual will also help us redefine local “communications,” given the increasing influence of social, experiential and other word-of-mouth communications tactics, and the democratization of marketing/communications content creation.
· Minimum of 11 years of experience in a combination of media, executive communications or public relations.
· Demonstrated success in developing and driving large-scale communications campaigns
· Bachelor’s degree
Required skills and experience:
· Passionate storyteller who can communicate clearly and concisely in both the spoken and written word
· Significant media relations experience with national and local media, working through both positive and negative stories
· Excellent networking, interpersonal and presentation skills, with a strong “Emotional Intelligence”
· Experience and success in using social media for communicating with audiences and influencing outcomes
· Experience in managing both junior and senior-level employees, with remote management experience preferred
· Strong creativity, with a proven ability to generate big, bold ideas and take (smart) risks
· Speed, flexibility, adaptability and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
· Outstanding judgment, problem-solving ability and resourcefulness
· Unquestioned ethics
· Ability to work independently with little direction, and self-motivate
· A solid command of PowerPoint and ability to use it to tell stories on both big-screen and desktop formats
· Experience working at JPMorgan Chase or other global entity with footprints in local markets
· Demonstrated experience in video production, graphic design, and other multimedia creative
· Undergraduate or Master’s Degree in Journalism or Communications preferred
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.