The Digital Forensic and Analytic Services (DFAS) Forensic Manager will report to the DFAS manager for Digital Forensic Services team. The candidate will be expected to lead a team of investigators as well as provide forensic support for incidents of reported data loss via compromises or misuse of internal information technology systems. The manager will also be responsible for the identification, collection and preservation of digital evidence. Additionally, the manager will assist in investigations involving suspected violations of the JP Morgan Chase Code of Conduct. This position requires the knowledge of digital forensic examination techniques with an emphasis on preservation and electronic review as well as host-based Windows forensic examinations. Successful candidates will be able to perform forensic preservation work and conduct preliminary investigations of a technical nature within established standards.
The requirements of this position include:
Forensic Investigator Role Responsibilities:
- Preserve network and host-based digital evidence in an industry accepted forensically sound manner
- Perform host-based digital forensics on Microsoft Windows based systems and other operating systems as necessary
- Usage of industry standard digital forensic and network monitoring tools in an enterprise environment
- Independently planning and executing forensic support for complex investigations and presenting clear and concise findings to a non-technical audience
- Ability to work independently or with a team during large scale forensic investigations
- Manage the performance of the team by regular and consistent coaching, interim and annual reviews as well as corrective action planning and follow-up. (ie: productivity, quality, service)
- Set team objectives and provide mentorship to analysts
- Provide training and guidance for new hires and ensure all team members follow consistent processes
- Proactively identify process deficiencies, recommend corrective action plans, and drive implementation of solutions to enhance our security monitoring and controls
- Work with global teams to drive efficiencies and provide feedback
- Responsible for conducting a forensically sound collection and analysis of electronic evidence through the use of various tools in support of Security, HR/ER, Legal, and Compliance as it relates to a wide variety of events that occur in a large international financial organization.
- Responsible for managing co-located junior forensic investigators and the North America based analysts of a global team that monitor and resolve internal security events
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- 6+ years of experience working in the computer forensics, cybercrime investigation and other related fields with a
combination of both public and private sector experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience leading and managing a team of investigators.
- A proven track record in digital forensics, electronic evidence collection, log file analysis, and email review
- Ability to independently assess scope of forensic requests, effectively completes required digital forensic analysis, and possess the ability to write clear and concise reports for the intended audience
- Experience conducting senior level digital forensics examinations on Windows operating systems using industry standard forensic tools (preferably familiar with EnCase, FTK and X-Ways forensic suites)
- Recent formal digital forensics training
- Knowledge of computer forensic best practices and industry standard methodologies for acquiring and handling of digital evidence
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other Technology related fields preferred
-Industry standard digital forensics certifications (CCE, GCFE, GCFA, CFCE, etc) are preferred.
- Industry standard information security technology certifications (GCIH, GREM, etc) are a plus.
- Memberships and participation in relevant professional associations.
Your expertise in cyber, combined with your desire to provide innovative security services, will be an asset to our Cybersecurity team. Help deliver high-quality security solutions across all our lines of business around the world by creating, designing, implementing, and maintaining next-level technology. The work you’ll do is vital, as it will protect over $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits every day.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
It's time to take your career to the next level, and we can help. Apply today.