CIB – Trading Analyst
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Analysts within the Sales & Trading teams work with top professionals to advise and facilitate transactions with a variety of institutional clients comprising of banks, fund managers, pension funds, insurance companies and hedge funds. You will learn how capital flows from the world’s largest institutional investors to its most prominent borrowers and issuers. You will receive training, hands-on learning opportunities, continuous mentoring and feedback, as well as numerous development opportunities, to enable you to advance toward your career goals.
The seat focuses on assisting traders on the desk with daily tasks such as booking trades, producing and checking risk and P&L, backing up pricing when main traders are off. Within a relatively short period, the analyst would be expected to price and quote vanilla and exotic derivatives to global corporate and investor clients as well as manage dynamic risk, provide market color and trade ideas to the Sales organization, and work with the Technology team to improve the efficiency and capabilities of the desk.
The candidate should have a strong analytical background. He or she should also be able to perform well under stressful environments and be able to multi-task efficiently. He or she should have a genuine interest in technology and computer programming, a focused approach to the control environment and a strong work ethic.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Math or related quantitative field
• Someone who thrives on the challenge of competitive pressures
• Expert Bloomberg, Excel, Power Point and MS Office skills, proficient in computer programming
• Strong understanding of Global macro markets and drivers
• Superior time management and multi-tasking skills to juggle live transactions and daily tasks
• Maturity and the ability to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced and open environment