J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Derivatives Operations provide operational processing, control and risk mitigation functions for the Markets and Investor Services businesses globally within the CIB. The strategic projects function is focused on large scale change initiatives to address industry, client and business requirements globally as they impact our business. The group provides a unique mix of project skills and product experience that are not tied to a specific business enabling it to provide a consistent, high-quality and responsive approach to the way we manage and execute change.
The successful candidate will join a team delivering Ops Desktop which aims to create a post trade service that unifies business processes to deliver the right outcomes for our clients and the firm and a great experience for our employees. The role will be focused on the needs of the Derivatives Operations users & clients, and will work closely with other Operations groups and partner groups to design and deliver solutions that are scalable across CIB.
The candidate will be responsible for evolving strategy, for analyzing processes to identify improvement opportunities, to work closely across Operations, Product, Technology and UX teams to co-design solutions and agree priorities, to program manage initiatives to ensure successful execution, and to provide ongoing transparency through governance & communication with key stakeholders and the broader community.
Responsible for improving workflow with particular focus on client contact & coverage opportunities. Target state solutions will include rules & intelligence that lead to auto client recognition and the automation of work assignment for emails, chat and phone calls. Initial focus will be to develop solutions to meet users’ needs and then to manage migrations to the new capabilities.
Emphasis on the user & client experience and a need to measure current processes and subsequent improvements to processes in order to realise business value
Ensure full consideration of user behaviour when defining strategy & solutions, and incorporate the need for training, communication & marketing
Aim to realise business value incrementally with careful selection of pilot groups and processes that can then lead to rapid scaling & adoption of new capabilities
Manage a close relationship with Operations, Product, UX Design & Technology, overseeing the collation and translation of user journeys into capabilities & technological specifications
Manage and track program of work to successfully meet project milestones
Measure and evaluate any project concerns and work to alleviate in a timely manner
Feedback project highlights, risks and issues to senior managers via clear and concise communications
Stakeholder management, acting as a key point of contact for all key Senior Stakeholders across global LOB’s
Governance – establish and run regular governance forum across key stakeholders groups in partnership with the Ops Desktop teams.
Partner with key business and technology representatives in order to drive business requirements, testing and overall delivery.
Leadership - Assume a key leadership role within the Ops Desktop program team. Build & develop relationships, within and across functions.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven track record of timely delivery against business goals
- Able to articulate a vision in a compelling manner and to define strategy
- Capacity to think laterally and understand the big picture
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic with a great appetite to learn
- Excellent relationship-building and people management skills
- Strong communicator both verbally and written with proven ability to present to, engage and influence a senior audience
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills and initiate change
- Pro-active in problem solving and developing solutions
- Ability to analyze data and produce insights that identify key issues and trends
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to deadlines
- Confident decision making skills with the ability to articulate supporting rationale
- Program Management – prior experience of large scale front-to-back and full lifecycle project management
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple streams of work at any given time
- Strong attention to detail and recognized for having sound judgement
This role is a rare and outstanding opportunity within JPMorgan and will offer the candidate the opportunity to join a newly formed high profile team and take a leadership role within the strategic projects group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.