Operational Risk Executive Director/VP – Commercial BankingCredit Markets Liaison
Commercial Banking (CB) serves more than 30,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. The Firm's broad platform positions the Commercial Bank to deliver extensive product capabilities - lending, treasury services, investment banking, and asset management - to meet our clients' domestic and international financial needs.
CB Operational Risk Oversight is part of an independent "second line of defense” that will proactively identify potential Operational Risks and ensure adequate controls are in place to guard against financial loss. Through collaboration with Control Contacts and Business Owners from various business areas, this role will help execute the firm’s Operational Risk management framework. This includes assessing the risk facing the business, primarily by means of reviewing: the effectiveness of the control environment; targeted risk areas; scenario analysis; loss event analysis; key risk and performance indicators; RCSAs; audit and regulatory reviews; and, emerging risks/external events.
- Define and execute the approach to the oversight of the Operational Risk Management Framework implementation for coverage area
- Provide independent, objective view of the Business and/or function control environment, mitigation strategies and emerging risk.
- Maintain awareness of risk and control issues within the business / function whether self-identified or from internal /external audit.
- Review internal and external Operational Risk Errors for opportunities to implement new preventive and detective controls.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of existing controls and provide business direction on opportunities for improvement
- Undertake Targeted and Emerging Risk Assessments across key areas of risk.
- Understand the area’s RCSA, Key Risk & Performance Indicators, and other controls to identify negative trends and potential control gaps.
- Maintain strong business relationships with internal clients and deliver presentations to senior audiences.
- Participate in various Operational Risk and LOB meetings related to operational risk and control matters.
- Develop positive working relationships and act as liaison with Corporate Operational Risk (COR) in order to understand requirements for implementation.
- Foster relationships with the Controls organization in order to ensure effective work alignment, while maintaining a distinction between the first and second line of defense.
- Participate in New Business Initiative assessments as appropriate.
- Provide support for other CB Operational Risk Management functions as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA or professional certification preferred
- Strong understanding of Operational Risk fundamentals
- Wholesale business experience preferred
- 15+ years’ experience financial industry experience
- 10+ years in Operational Risk Management or similar discipline of risk identification and management
- Ability to collaborate with business and functional experts to provide risk assessment guidance, recognize risks and design enhancements
- Ability to influence, negotiate, and lead change
- Strong decision making, analytical, and creative thinking skills
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation, and sense of urgency
- Strong Teamwork and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Robust organizational, project management and multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to manage expectations and deliver results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
The final officer title and job grade is at the discretion of the firm and will be discussed at the time of offer. It may be different than what is listed on the requisition based on candidate experience level.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.