Organisational context: JPMorgan Chase (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. The Chief Data Office has a mandate set and actively supported at the board level to transform data management towards demonstrable shareholder value. The Glossary Executive team has a firm wide remit to promote excellence in the way data requirements are expressed and satisfied by uplifting the firm’s capability to define data.
Role Title: Data Domain Manager – Secondary Markets
Role Level: Vice President
Role Location: London or New York
• Accountability for the timely and effective delivery through the Glossary domain process of in scope data requirements.
• Responsibility for optimising the definition and scope boundaries of the Secondary Markets domain, working in partnership with CIB, data consumers and the Glossary Executive team
• Responsibility for setting up networks and processes to efficiently navigate and engage SMEs within CIB
• Leadership of stakeholders such as SMEs, Information Architects and data consumers to ensure clarity in prioritisation and outcomes of data definition work
• Contribution to ongoing development of the Glossary operating model
• Understanding the firm’s Policy and Standards for Data Management and in particular for its Data Definition capability
Role Scope: Firm wide Glossary operating model for data in scope of the Secondary Markets Domain. Partners with Data Consumers, functional SMEs and Information Architects
Role Reporting Line: CIB Markets Controllers – Projects lead
• Understand the goals and timelines of prioritised Critical Business Initiatives (CBIs) and lead Data Steward(s) and domain participants in the same
• Operate tollgate for quality and relevance of data requirements flowing into the domain process
• Engage CIB Information Architects and Data Content Owners who have been identified for prioritised areas and facilitate surfacing and sharing their documentation of CIB data definitions, including highlighting gaps where these exist
• Influence the different stakeholders to have appropriate data definitions across consumers and CIB
• Manage daily operations of the Secondary Markets domain
• Engage Data Domain Executive (DDE) to review & re-certify Domain Charter, as needed
• Facilitate working group sessions to engage Data Domain Leads (DDL) and coordinate SME communication and ensure agreements and approvals are arrived at as required by the Glossary operating model
• Maintain documentation that supports tracking SME communication and agreements/approvals
• Self-manage learning about the relevant FDM Standards and the Glossary operating model, including attendance at organised training sessions
• Contribute to working groups to refresh relevant FDM Standards and to continually improve the Glossary operating model
• Experienced functional SME in Investment Banking with a demonstrable understanding of Front to Back data types and flows
• Proven track record in leading and facilitating SME groups to reach decisions
• Demonstrable success at tracking project type deliveries
• Demonstrable appetite for defining and improving processes and operating models
• Proven capability for gathering and communicating with a network of SMEs in support of day to day responsibilities
• Degree level and professional qualifications as relevant to their function
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.