Commercial Banking – Middle Market Strategic Initiatives - Senior Analyst, Bangalore
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
- Key technical competencies
- Experience as PMO in banking sector for big projects in Management reporting and Financial analysis domain
- FP&A Knowledge in banking product profitability and business analysis
- Expert knowledge in Banking P&L & Balance Sheet analyses
- Experience in preparation of project plan / executive review packs in MS Visio
- Preparation of standard and complex analysis / management reporting packs for senior management
- Project management skills to design and drive new solutions in FP&A domain as PMO and work as solution provider to Onshore senior management
- Challenge status quo with the solution for betterment and re-structure ways to design better P&A model and insights for bankers to help in SVA growth
- Experience in data extraction & consolidation as per defined and adhoc criteria, weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting, variance analysis and commentary
- Creation of management review packs organized by business area, segments and regions and possibly customized as per senior management requirements
- Expert control on the hefty Excels related to data extraction, consolidation and report finalization. This involves extraction of data from various tools/systems and alignment of the information to allow for creation of new solutions as per project requirement
- Creation of one-page client financial evaluation documents in Business Objects
- Able to gain the skills required to interactively use Essbase, Sharepoint, MS Visio and SAP to create insights for the business teams
- Generate various Excel based reports that provide management with information on trends, profitability and quarterly segmentation report with several other key measures
- Take responsibility and accountability for robust quality control and standards
- Prior stakeholder engagement (VP and above) is desirable
- Analytical inclination and solid financial acumen is critical to categorization, aggregation and validation of large-scale client data sets
- Proactive approach to identify and highlight major variances
- Should have the mindset to work ahead of 1-2 years and plan backwards steps
Candidate: Desirable Characteristics
- Relevant experience ranging between 2-4 years in P&A banking finance domain
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience for a large BFSI GIC or Captive will be considered favorably
- Experience on Corporate Controllership, Business Finance, Project management and similar environment will be considered favorably
- Ability to understand objectives/ motivations of senior stakeholders and prepare presentations for the appropriate audience
- Curious, energetic and highly proactive in nature and always focusing on opportunity arising from situations
- “No excuses” culture and mindset as a belief system
- Ability to consider multiple dimensions of an issue
- Taking responsibility of people/ team around you and be a helping hand in grooming people to develop
- Willingness to believe in oneself and assess situations as well as take risks when called for
CA with MBA or MBA from tier 1 college
Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting preferred.
In-depth knowledge in Excel and working knowledge in MS Visio & PowerPoint is required