About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
Global Technology (GT) is the technology organization within JPMorgan Chase & Co. delivering technology solutions and services to support the business needs of the company around the globe.
Global Service Operations (GSO) is the responsible organization for service support and delivery for Global Technology. GSO provides industry-leading operations management and support processes that are designed to minimize customer outage and impacts.
Critical Infrastructure Operations (CIO) is a dedicated organization within GT-GSO focused on commercial-grade Infrastructure and Application Operations dedicated to the key platforms of the firm. CIO operates and manages the firm’s global footprints for:
- Directory and Authentication services across all Windows and Linux/Unix systems
- Domain Name Services
- Configuration Management & Distribution Systems
- Encryption, Key Management and Certificate Authorities
- Dedicated Windows and Unix Infrastructure ops for the platforms above
This organization exists to be the Operations-Guardians of systems which have the capability to create firm-wide impacts or disrupt our businesses. Our mission is to balance the hardened operations practices and needs of our businesses; with the industry movement to become more software defined in our execution and enablement.
Role: Critical UNIX Security Operations
The UNIX Security team is in search of experienced, dynamic and motivated individuals with extensive UNIX, LDAP/Directories-services knowledge and proven development skills in the DevOps / Kanban / Agile / Site-Reliable-Engineering methods to be part of this high-performance team. This role has two primary functions:
- Bring transformation and innovation ideas within the Unix Security Operations team. Identify automation-opportunities and execute / develop them to be operations-ready and reliable. Evaluate the tasks and processes the team does manually today and find the paths to automation.
- Individual-contributor member of the global Unix Security team providing follow the sun application & service support for the mission-critical Unix Security applications including: FoxT KeON, Unix-LDAP, eDirectory, eTrust and other supporting applications. This operations team supports those mission critical applications in Incident, Change, Request and Service-Improvement disciplines.
Candidates for this role:
- Must have experience with, and the ability to practically apply contemporary IT-management methods like: DevOps, SRE, Kanban, Agile etc. to existing & mature Applications & Operation functions for the purposes of automating tasks and processes that are manual today.
- Must have high-quality and adaptable communications skills in the verbal and written realms. Specifically the candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability assert Command & Control capability on mission critical incident support audio and video bridges; speaking from technical levels up through Senior Management executive summary statements.
- Must be eager and able to take ownership of issues or actions as-needed and drive to resolution across a complex, global enterprise environment.
- Assertively drive and lead in the transformation of the team toward automation-adoption to improve the environment and delivered-service across the firm.
- Must be able to switch gears between individual-tasks and larger team and service initiatives
- Meet all JPMC standards regarding High Security Access, incident-engagement, change management, and escalations.
Candidates will be able to choose between a Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday shift, and 10AM-7PM or 2PM-11PM. The chosen shift will be fixed and won't alternate as required by legal regulations.
- Required: 10+ years of hands-on Linux/Unix systems operations, engineering and/or architecture, preferred is some portion of that experience in a large and/or global estate.
- Required: 5+ years of hands-on Unix directory services such as LDAP operations & support of functional use of the LDAP data
- Required: 2+ years hands-on experience in creating / revising / utilizing Shell-scripting
- Required: Broad understanding of MS Excel including Lookups, Pivots, data queries and interaction to up and downstream API of source data systems. Confidence in usage of Power Point, Outlook and other MS Office tools as needed
- Required: Strong interpersonal / written and oral communication skills – ability to foster / maintain relationships with other technical teams and management.
- Ideal: 4+ years hands on technical experience with FoxT’s Keon / Boks, or Novell eDirectory similar enterprise class UNIX security/authentication products in a large global enterprise environment.
- Ideal: 2+ years in Dev/Ops or SRE-team with capability to leverage development skills
- Ideal: 2+ years experience in support of applications running from Private or Public Cloud
- Ideal: Familiarity with industry standard monitoring tools (Netcool and Tivoli, etc)
- Structured approach to problem solving in a dynamic, mission critical environment of a large global organization.
- Good team player skills, self-starter and high attention to detail
- Understanding of backup process, system monitoring, performance tuning, disaster recovery, and scripting for Linux based operating systems or business applications running atop a Linux OS.