J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, offering innovative and intelligent solutions to clients in more than 100 countries with one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years and we keep their interests foremost in our minds at all times. This combination of product strength, intellectual capital and character sets us apart as an industry leader. J.P. Morgan is part of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a global financial services firm with assets of $2.0 trillion.
CTC Risk manages the risk of the retained portfolio generated from the Chief Investment Office, Global Treasury, and “other” Corporate businesses (Firm-wide Pension Plan, Insurance programs, and Mortgage Servicing Rights). The CTC Chief Risk Officer (CRO) reports to the Firm-wide CRO and is responsible for the firmwide Liquidity Risk framework as well as the end to end risk framework within the CTC LOBs; including, but not limited to, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Liquidity Risk, Structural Interest Rate Risk, Reputation Risk, Country Risk, Principal Risk, and Model Risk.
CTC seeks to hire a risk professional to join its independent Liquidity Risk Oversight (LRO) function focusing on the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) line of business. The Liquidity Risk Oversight group partners with other internal risk groups, Corporate Treasury, LOB Treasury groups and senior management to inform funding strategies through normal and stress market environments. LRO is also a primary resource for external regulators for discussions and analysis of liquidity risk.
The role provides a unique opportunity to understand and work with firmwide and legal entity risk measures as well as in-depth product analysis across a variety of sectors and encompasses report and metric development, product level stress assumption analysis, policy and framework design, scenario analysis and regulatory liquidity risk measure (eg LCR / NSFR) analysis and implementation.
The nature of the position also offers significant opportunities to create a broad personal network across J.P. Morgan and visibility to senior management.
· Provide independent oversight on adherence to the liquidity risk framework for the CIB
· Work with Treasury, CIB and relevant risk groups to develop and maintain the risk governance framework including policy review, limit monitoring, standards and best practices
· Develop key risk analytic reports for senior management, business partners, risk committees and regulators
· Develop proposals for liquidity risk monitoring, metrics and stress tests.
· Provide independent review and detailed analysis of regulatory and internal stress scenarios and ad hoc requests, including analytical review of key market and behavioral assumptions
· Present and justify assumptions and findings to senior management governance forums
· Provide liquidity stress analysis and reporting around stressed capital impacts, LOB views, legal entity views, currency views and structural liquidity views
· Support the development and build-out of the liquidity risk management process and infrastructure
· Interact and partner with the CIB and corporate functions to understand, analyze and develop proposals regarding potential liquidity risk implications at a granular and holistic level
· Deal with regulatory requests regarding liquidity risk