JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO). CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda. A top Corporate Technology priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
· Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
· Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms
· Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
· Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
The head of Finance Technology for INdia will be responsible for managing the Finance Tech teams across India and facing off to senior Finance clients in the region. Finance Technology includes the teams that manage the firm’s General Ledgers and financial reporting systems, all regional and global financial regulatory reporting, the systems supporting the CIB Finance functions, and the central Finance data warehouse and MIS systems. Finance Tech has a significant footprint in India across Mumbai and Bangalore. With all the Finance Tech teams having a presence in the region, there is a significant opportunity to increase the connectivity and collaboration across the groups, to drive an uplift of development and testing practices across Finance Tech globally, and to generally improve standardization and ensure that greater reuse is achieved across Finance Tech. In addition, the India head will oversee the continued growth of the India teams and work to increase the maturity and seniority of the teams, enabling them to play a greater role in leading initiatives across the global organization.
A demonstrated track record of managing and leading large, cross functional teams is a key qualification for the role. Specific skills / experience required include:
- Ability to manage, mentor, and develop senior leaders
- Ability to grow teams and increase the maturity and capability of those groups
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and methodologies
- Ability to manage multiple senior client relationships across different locations
- Strong project and program management skills
- Track record of driving positive change in prior leadership roles