As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology.
- Master's degree in Finance, Computer Science, or Information Technology a plus.
- Knowledge of release management version and revision control practices and procedures
- Strong knowledge of development life cycles
- 8+years of Java application development experience
- Must have J2EE (Java, JSP, JSF, EJB, CSS, Spring, Struts, HTTP), Hibernate, , UML, Subversion, Transfer protocols –(SFTP, HTML, Java Script, XML , XML parsing), Web Services
- Solid experience in enterprise level J2EE platforms using J2EE design patterns
- Solid experience in Java design, coding, testing and debugging techniques
- Solid experience Oracle 10G programming experience (stored procedures, PL/SQL, query optimization)
- Strong SQL knowledge including query design and performance tuning
- Solid experience with Apache Tomcat or similar application server
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodology
- Strong Knowledge of release management version and revision control practices and procedures
- Working knowledge of middleware services and its utilization
- UNIX & AIX
- J2EE Certification for java preferred but not required
Understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) and assistive technologies (JAWS, NVDA, Zoomtext), and proven track record of incorporating into your day-to-day work, is a plus but not required.
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co, you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, out team of 40,000 + technologist design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organizations that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tacking big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.