As one of the main technology HUBS For EMEA the scope of work in Bournemouth is truly remarkable, we are at the forefront of innovation within the financial services industry and are pioneering the use of cutting edge technologies.
The Technology Resiliency Management team is responsible for ensuring that CIB demonstrates, and improves, the resiliency of its applications. Our team interacts with our partners in Application Development, Corporate and Global Infrastructure teams. The CIB business relies heavily on having stable and resilient applications to be able to provide clients and governments with a first class service, all the time.
Our team understands regulatory requirements, drives company policy and engages with support teams to ensure that the 1000+ applications design, build, test and, in an incident, execute recovery plans efficiently and effectively.
It’s an incredible time for our industry and specifically the Resiliency team. The demands from Regulators and clients continue to evolve and new technology, such as cloud, provides a rapidly changing landscape to understand and help shape the company’s direction. You will be focused on:
- Partnering with the application development and architecture teams to define multi-year technology resiliency strategies, roadmaps and patterns [for our common stacks] to ensure applications deliver increasing resilience and exploit automation opportunities
- Reviewing and advising on architecture of applications including those with components on the internal cloud
- Agreeing and documenting architecture contracts with application teams to progress resiliency and automation maturity
- Developing standardized test cases for applications based on the resiliency strategies, roadmaps and patterns
- Driving resiliency policy and strategy across CIB and the broader company
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced technologist to help drive the resiliency controls agenda, policy and work streams. Ideally within financial services or a large-scale technology firm you will have:
- Professional mid-senior level experience as a Technology Architect.
- Proven experience in application development
- Excellent communication skills and will be at home explaining the progress and challenges in execution of resilient architectures.
- Proactive approach, engaging expertise to structure conversations, positions and recommendations
- Experience designing and deploying large, robust, operationally sound production systems.
- Ability to work with applications migrating to internal and/or external cloud providers
- Ability to develop resiliency patterns for applications (traditional and cloud)
- Understanding of Resiliency and the associated risks and issues
- Experience of working with global teams
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.