Description of the team
The CIB Oversight & Control Group is responsible for defining and overseeing the global CIB Control environment with a key emphasis on ensuring a robust end-to-end risk and control framework with consistent execution across all CIB businesses. This encompasses:
- Governance & Oversight: administrative support for Business Control Committees
- Regulatory Management: managing the control aspects of Regulatory enquiries and exams
- Risk Identification and Assessment: managing Risk Control Self Assessment Program, review and validation of ongoing risk events
- Policy and Procedures: supporting policy implementation
- Ongoing Monitoring: overseeing issues and action plans including root cause analysis
- Major Control Programs: providing governance, coordination and execution of control projects
- The part of the team responsible for CIB AML Governance is based primarily out of London but with a global remit. The Associate role is to be based in the UK but with a global remit within the Corporate and Investment Bank; it will entail primary responsibility for supporting the BAU activity of the team including the organization and management of the individual Committees but will also require contribution to the change management agenda within the AML governance space
The primary function of the team is to manage the AML governance agenda for the CIB including:
- Running the infrastructure to support the running of the various AML governance forums and Committees across the CIB and its constituent sub-LOBs ( Global Corporate Banking, Global Investment Banking, Treasury Services, Markets, Investor Services and Global Trade and Loan Products)
- Developing and enhancing the existing governance around AML including new policies and procedures, process enhancement and building and maintaining a robust and flexible governance framework for the global business activities of the CIB.
- Contributing to the running of the Secretariat for AML Operating Committees within the CIB; acting as liaison between key stakeholders including the various sub-Lines of Business and GFCC (Global Financial Crimes Compliance) to ensure items requiring discussion at the relevant Committees and forums are presented, documented and communicated appropriately
- Providing Program Management for related LOB aligned KYC/AML governance initiatives
- Acting as facilitator in the management and resolution of related business specific issues, leveraging appropriate resources to investigate issues, propose solutions and implement fixes/policies Proposing and developing key metrics used in CIB AML governance committees
- Leading and supervising junior members of the team
Problem Solving and Analysis
Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills; ability to absorb and present complex ideas quickly and accurately
Ability to translate regulatory requirements and new concepts to the existing business model/environment
Ability to keep sight of the key content of a project while retaining the ability to address the key “bigger” question
Attention to detail including an eye for spotting errors and redundancies in existing processes and procedures
Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written, including the ability to convey complex ideas and concepts in a clear manner appropriate to the audience
Strong influencing and negotiating skills with the ability to lead, establish and communicate at all levels
Ability to work independently to produce and present concise, accurate and timely communications ; strong presentation skills essential
Working Style and Influence
Ability to establish good relationships rapidly with other parts of a large organization; in particular, must be able to develop and maintain strong partnerships and act as trusted advisor to numerous teams and key senior stakeholders
Energetic, self motivated and effective under pressure - must enjoy the challenge of working within a fast-paced, demanding working environment remaining flexible to underlying business flow
Proactive approach to problem solving, owning the issues and having the determination to follow tasks/issues through to resolution
Strong organizational skills and ability to develop and manage project plans including timelines, milestones and issues
Self-starter, able to work independently, as well as part of a team
Bachelor’s degree required
Relevant industry experience, ideally in Risk, Oversight and Controls, Regulatory Change or Compliance
Knowledge/experience of key wholesale financial services businesses
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.