Commercial Banking – Wholesale Lending Service – Program Manager – Executive Director
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its JPMorgan Chase & Co. brands. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is committed to providing a comprehensive set of benefits choices to meet different employee needs and lifestyles, which includes choices such as fully paid parental leave time, health care insurance and retirement benefits.
Commercial Banking (CB) serves more than 30,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. The Firm’s broad platform positions the Commercial Bank to deliver extensive product capabilities – lending, treasury services, investment banking, and asset management – to meet our clients’ domestic and international financial needs.
Wholesale Lending Services (WLS) exists within Commercial Banking and provides loan servicing functions to all four JPMorgan lines of business. These functions include loan documentation, closing and funding, payment and fee processing, syndication loan and trade processing, credit administration and collateral perfection and management. The Program Manager collaborates with the WLS management team to prioritize, lead, and execute continuous improvement and process reengineering efforts throughout the business, with the ultimate goal of improving both operating and financial performance. This role will have responsibility for a team of a 2 to 4 members and will create and implement a continuous improvement culture through educational empowerment and recognition of improved customer experience, process simplification and operational efficiencies.
- Drive performance improvement through improved end-to-end process design and formal process improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma processing mapping
- Scope problem, identify issues, formulated actionable opportunity recommendations, design solutions, and quantify potential bottom-line financial impact
- Lead a series of projects and initiatives, evaluate progress and quality, manage issue resolution process, and take appropriate action as needed to ensure timely and effective program oversight
- Coordinate program activities with strategic process improvement (S&PI) functions within Commercial Banking to ensure alignment of activities and optimize results
- Create and implement a culture and process of continuous improvement
- Integrate effective change management and training techniques to drive enhanced standardization and alignment
- Regularly engage and gain the support of functional leaders across lines of business to participate in the transformation of the end-to-end wholesale lending process to help design and deliver a best-in-class client experience across all segments
- Communicate with senior management, stakeholders & business partners regarding overall program progress and recommendations/decisions
- 10+ years Financial Services experience with minimum of 8 years of experience in a consulting, process re-engineering or change management role
- Bachelor’s degree required: MBA is a plus
- Demonstrated process improvement experience required; Lean/Six Sigma certification a plus
- Superior ability to structure and scope complex problems, apply a range of analytical tools, gain and synthesize insights and develop solution; creative thinker with strategic mindset
- Ability to foster positive and proactive approach to process assessment and improvement and identify trends and improve processes for both the business and business partners
- Proven ability to lead, challenge, adapt to changing business landscapes and influence without having positional authority
- Strong organization, attention to detail, time management, planning skills and the ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrated leadership skills and proven ability to develop strong client relationships
- Excellent working knowledge of operations and risk concepts and the ability to interpret and understand the impact of decisions, as well as identify and convey potential problem areas
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to multiple levels of management, both written and verbal
- Experience in robotics/automation, quality or strategy a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio and Excel