MMBSI Associate – Bangalore
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
J.P. Morgan is seeking talented candidates for a position as a Business Analyst in our Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI) group, based in India. The Business Management Team functions as an internal business & metrics reporting and analytics group responsible for delivering highly quantitative and qualitative reports and analytics that support senior management agendas. An analyst on the team will have the opportunity to work on high impact initiatives leading to profitable growth across the MMBSI organization.
As an associate you will be responsible for driving and delivering on the specific tasks and analytical requirements of the greater Business Management Team. Your primary responsibilities as an associate will be clearly defining business problems, acquiring and manipulating data to answer key questions. Key responsibilities also include ability to project manage, provide guidance to the offshore team and manage onsite stakeholders.
- Define business problems, acquire and manipulate data to answer key questions
- Provide guidance to the offshore team and manage onsite stakeholders
- Provide support on MMBSI business reporting and analytical requirements
- Create advanced reporting and analytics capabilities and outputs
- Work on advanced analytical projects across areas that are Descriptive, Diagnostic, Predictive and Prescriptive
- Gather, synthesize, analyze and present metrics data and findings
- Develop strategic presentations for both internal and external audiences
- Construct robust and dynamic reporting and analytics infrastructure
- Execute creative analyses and provide insight to identify issues and arrive at recommendations
- Simultaneously work on multiple projects across MMBSI
- MBA with 4-8 years experience in banking, and/or strategy consulting with knowledge of the financial services industry
- Advanced SQL experience
- Working knowledge of analytical tools such as R / SAS
- Exposure to Big Data Frameworks – Hadoop, Hive
- Ability to apply advanced statistical techniques such as predictive modelling, segmentation, basket association
- Ability to analyze problems, apply quantitative analytical approaches, communicate effectively and work well in cross-functional teams
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities to improve overall client experience
- Team player and demonstrated work ethic - consistently demonstrates a high level of professionalism in behavior and performance
- Effective prioritization skills to meet a complex set of business demands and demonstrate delivery against multiple objectives