Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
The Risk and Controls team supports and manages the oversight and delivery of all Risk, Control, Compliance, Audit and Regulatory, Resiliency, and Cyber requirements for Global Strategy and Core Services (GSCS) and its partners.
- Relationship Management. Develop and maintain relationships with GSCS and the wider GTI service owners as well as key enterprise functions such as Cyber, Risk, Compliance and Audit.
- Lead efforts and participate in maintaining a strong governance structure for centrally managing Risk and Controls across all levels of the organization.
- Interact and collaborate with internal support groups (Operate, Application Development, Business/Finance) to ensure priorities align with R&C objectives.
- Play a lead role in GSCS Risk and Control Self-Assessment (“RCSA”) and Infrastructure Control Assessment (ICA) programs by providing guidance to key stakeholders, and participate with RCSA and ICA extended team on a daily basis from program planning to control substantiation
- Lead efforts on the facilitation, testing, governance and reporting of High Availability, Sustained Resiliency and Disaster Recovery requirements. Includes test adjudication, App resiliency reviews, Tools and Compliance adoption, and manage and coordinate data center testing.
- Partner with the wider GTI Control teams as we move more towards automation
- Manage/Lead efforts around the Critical Application Framework (CAF) program, including Hygiene, Lifecycle, Monitoring, Incident Management, Capacity, and Dependencies.
- Manage/Lead efforts around the Infrastructure Key Metrics compliance activity.
- Lead efforts around Action Plan submission and remediation, ITRC break/remedy remediation; SSAP vulnerability management (Static, Dynamic, Pen Test, Open Source scanning); and, provide ARC/ACA guidance.
- Partner and lead efforts with Access Uplift requirements.
- Experience with Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), Infrastructure Control Assessment (ICA) or equivalent risk assessment program
- Practical implementation of IT Risk and policy frameworks, ideally as an IT risk or security practitioner
- Experience as a technology practitioner with focus on one or more subject areas – application development, operations, infrastructure, technology resiliency, IT security, production management.
- Strong decision making and problem solving capability
- Excellent communicator both verbally and in writing; Management reporting and Presentations.
- Negotiation and influencing skills; strong collaborator and ability to work with diverse groups
- Self-motivated, directed and energetic with ability to drive clarity from ambiguity
- Familiarity with the following processes: Incident and Problem Management, Change Management, Risk Management, Resiliency.
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran