The Corporate & Investment Bank’s (CIB) Chief Administrative Office (CAO) represents the CIB’s Technology, Operations, Controls, Analytics and New Product Development. Within the CAO there are various groups that support the operational, technical and control aspects of US Withholding Tax and Global Tax reporting. The CIB Tax Program Management team supports the various CIB group through changes due to new or changed regulations, quality improvement, and process improvements. This team is looking for an experienced Project Manager to lead various CIB-wide programs such as VAT Billing, 871m, Robotics and other process automation initiatives. These programs are part of firm-wide programs impacting all of the CIB sub-Lines of Businesses (Markets, Investor Services and Treasury Services) cutting across multiple functions including Operations, Technology, Controls, Legal, Client Service, Finance and Compliance.
The CIB Tax PMO and project teams must create a strong, collaborative approach to execute many steps in the project life cycle (initiation, planning, business requirements, operating model design, testing, readiness and implementation).
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Analyze current state processes related to tax forms, withholding tax, and reporting. May include tax operations process and pre/post processes outside of tax operations . Determine regulatory tax impact, identify process gaps, develop future state process diagrams, develop business requirements and ensure proper controls and sustainability.
- Actively engage with stakeholders and Senior Management (CFOs, Business Managers, Controllers, heads of Legal, Operations, etc.) through presentations and reports used in different forums.
- Build and maintain working relationships with stakeholders in the different businesses our team supports (e.g., Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities, F&O, Custody, Prime Brokerage) and functions (e.g., Legal, Corporate Tax, Controls, etc.)
- Partner with stakeholders, providing guidance and analysis, helping identify and escalate issues/risks/dependencies and facilitating communication across teams.
- Partner with technology to ensure the design and build requirements meet business needs and align to the architecture strategic vision
- Coordinating, planning and overseeing the execution of regulatory readiness across all lines of sub-businesses
The candidate must be a self starter who is able to work in a fast paced, results driven environment. Additional qualifications:
- 7+ years of business project management experience
- Basic understanding of CIB structure, products and services.
- Process improvement or reengineering experience
- Strategic thinking and proven leadership skills
- Excellent multitasking and prioritizing skills
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical, data management and problem solving skills
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to articulate complex issues concisely and communicate effectively and comfortably with senior people
- Ability to thrive in a changing work environment
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Ability to execute tasks under aggressive targets and effectively manage to changes in plan
- Ability to critically challenge when warranted with the goal of resolving issues
- Tax operations and/or regulation experience a plus.