As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing applications within mature technology environments.
Utilize programming skills to adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code base including any required documentation.
Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution.
Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications, identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues, and review and provide feedback to any required final user documentation.
Experience with development, deployment, and support of large-scale distributed applications in a mission-critical production environment. Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
Strong working knowledge of Object Oriented Principles and Design Patterns
Strong working knowledge of System Architecture and Integration Patterns
Performance Tuning and Infrastructure
- Experience in designing and developing complex enterprise applications in medium to large scale IT Projects
- Experience in any modern object-oriented language is required – this does not have to be Java Knowledge of C++, C#, Go or Smalltalk would be entirely appropriate
- Strong design and coding experience with proven ability to deliver solutions – this is a hands-on coding role and the role holder will spend most time writing code
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal English, which are critical to interfacing with stakeholders across US/EMEA
- Demonstrates exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Degree holder in Computer Science or a closely related discipline
- Very strong skills in a modern programming language (e.g. C++/Java/C#/Go/Scala)
- Good relational database skills (any platform is fine)
- Experience with SVN , MAVEN , JIRA and CI Tools
- Experience with Agile/Scrum based methodologies & Best practices
- Experience with Test Driven Development – Junit, Selenium..etc
- Experience with Cloud based development platforms
- Experience working in UNIX environment
- Experience with Messaging, XML and Integration patterns
- Experience working with major Application Server and Webservers (WebSphere , Weblogic and Tomcat)
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It’s our mission to efficiently take care of our clients’ wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.