CIB – Investor Services – Custody & Fund Services
Client & Services Platform – Intelligent Services and API Product Development – Associate – Bangalore
J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB):
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan Custody & Fund Services:
J.P. Morgan Custody - global leader with $22 trillion in assets under custody, provides Institutional investors access to markets worldwide for the settlement, safekeeping and asset servicing of securities, along with ancillary services such as Foreign Exchange and Liquidity Solutions. J.P. Morgan’s Custody and Fund Services (C&FS) business is comprised of Custody, Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, and other activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternative funds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services.
Client & Services Platform forms part of the Custody & Fund Services Product Development group. Our mission is to support our clients’ investment process by providing market leading multichannel information delivery services.
There is a formative shift in the expectations of our clients in the way they communicate with the C&FS business. On the inbound and outbound communication clients expect a standard interface with well-defined protocols. The C&FS business has traditionally relied on CSV/flat-files and SWIFT messages to receive and transmit trades, income, expenses, instructions, etc. on the inbound side. Outbound delivery has typically been via reports or flat files. Real-time updates, if any, have been done by SWIFT messaging.
Contrasting this with electronic business within global markets ~100% of the communication is electronic and with a well-defined methodology. In addition to protocols, there is a suite of products that need to be defined, designed and delivered in order to achieve the expected frequency and volume of JPM – Client Communications. In addition, the markets business transacts billions of messages a day and transmission costs are zero given the prevalent use of FIX as a protocol standard.
Hence, this role will support the delivery of the API platform to digitize communications and create Intelligent Services such as Virtual Assistant, Machine Learning, Data Science based insights, etc. while workings closely with the SMEs for inbound, outbound and data-strategy to ensure an integrated offering.
Key Role & Responsibilities:
- Product Development: Leadership for the API platform roadmap – including product definition, development and delivery. Own the product roadmap, E2E delivery and change management for the product
- Partnership: Work closely with leads from the Client & Service Platforms programs to design the best outcome for distributing client’s data into multiple venues on the client side such as: 3rd party platforms (SAP, Clearwater, Charles River), Excel or onto their private/public cloud.
- Client Support: Work closely with Client Services to provide advanced support for onboarding clients or creating templates per client segment.
- Community: Assist with training of internal users and clients on investment analytics
- Data Science & development: This role will create prototypes that leverage data science, machine learning, and cognitive capabilities that will be iterated with clients and used to outline robust build requirements. Additionally, this role will test the API as a client developer to help maximize usability and update developer documentation.
- In addition, this person must have good communication skills to be able to initiate white-papers and present in group forums
The product development role for Client Omni-channels and API development is a crucial role. The goal is to design a market-leading platform in close proximity with the technology teams in Bangalore. This person will partner closely with the global members of the Client & Service Platform teams and with Technology, Operations, Data-scientists and Client Service to deliver the product.
- Very good understanding of methodology for data transfer, orchestration, event management, and data lineage
- Very good understanding of logical data modeling, object design, state transition of objects and auditability
- Good with technical and operational solutions design for the API platform.
- Good understanding of the markets trade execution, order routing or settlement platforms. And associated protocols, message format and workflows
- Disciplined approach to control and process management
- Strong project management capabilities. Certification in one of the program management skills is a plus
- Ability to analyze business models/practices
- Understanding of Agile and be able to perform key Product Owner functions
- Track record of partnership across multiple stakeholders
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter and able to prioritize effectively