JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Our Firmwide Risk Function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves consumers, small businesses and larger corporations with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance for consumers and auto dealers and merchant services. Consumer & Community Banking Risk Management partners with each CCB sub-line of business to identify, assess, prioritize and remediate risk. Types of risk that occur in consumer businesses include fraud, reputation, operational, credit, market and regulatory, among others
The Wholesale lines of business within CCB include Business Banking, Dealer Commercial Services and Merchant Services. The Wholesale Credit Forecasting team within CCB is responsible for credit forecasting, allowance, CCAR, ICAAP, Risk Appetite and other strategic analytics/innovation for the wholesale credit portfolios. The Vice President will be part of the CCB Wholesale risk appetite and strategic analytics/innovation team reporting directly into the Head of Credit Forecasting for CCB Wholesale. She/he is expected to support all three Wholesale lines of businesses within CCB wholesale and provide cutting edge analytics to guide and influence business decisions. The incumbent will be required to develop and build high-end analytical processes while maintaining strong risk and control environment. This is a highly visible role with direct exposure to senior leadership as the key stakeholders for this role are Line of Business CEOs, CROs and CFOs. Many a times the strategic projects would come directly from the senior leadership of any of the three lines of businesses.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Setting and maintaining the risk appetite framework and processes for limits and key risk indicators
Identifying emerging trends:
Creating and monitoring different mechanisms of detecting emerging risks including but not limited to delinquencies, loss and roll rate trends, forecast misses and breakages in correlation
Partnering with quantitative teams and various lines of businesses (including credit teams within Commercial Banking and Investment Banking) to develop leading indicators of the credit cycle to pick up trends that could have broader impact across credit portfolios
Creating Outside-In views of wholesale credit including partnerships with Credit Bureaus for off us Credit information and Econometric firms such as Moody’s.
Evaluating how changes in macroeconomic environment (including competitor trends) impact the performance of credit portfolios.
Communication: Participate in forums to provide dialogue around credit trends within the risk community at both analyst and executive levels.
Document findings into compelling reports for senior management risk dialogue and escalation.
Contribute to next generation executive level communication with a variety of C-level audiences with respect to the credit risk outlook for all CCB wholesale lines of businesses
Advanced data analysis: Analyzing and interpretation of large data sources big data (using traditional and more new age machine learning techniques) and its impact in both operational and financial areas
Any other strategic project/initiative from the C-suite of the wholesale lines of business.
- 5-7 years of deep credit experience, in one or more wholesale credit portfolios
- Demonstrated ability to innovate. Since a large part of the role will be working with other risk and quantitative teams, the person in the role must demonstrate open-mindedness and the willingness to explore new views and ways of evaluating the health of existing credit portfolios.
- The ability to conduct complex risk analyses and provide senior management with business insights of consumer credit quality and behavior trends, and portfolio performance.
- Must have an orientation towards creating views and uncovering risks that drive action for CCB and broader Wholesale including Commercial Banking and Investment Banking.
- Ability to influence technical subject-matter-expert teams to work on problems together with a commercial orientation. The role will be dependent on product analytic teams to dig deeper into trends in their portfolios when these trends are detected at a more global level.
- Executive level communication skills, both verbal and written/presentation. Demonstrated experience in communicating with senior leadership to convey risk management results, outlooks
- Econometric experience (e.g., competence in understanding key macro drivers of credit risk, customer behavior and lending strategy)
- Quantitative experience (e.g., partnering with modeling or deep analytic teams to drive practical results and points of view)