As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
• Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
• Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
• Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
• The successful candidate will work in the Corporate and Investment Bank Technology group as an expert developer. This position is for a Java Developer to join an Agile team. The application will be designed as a suite of micro-services that will be cloud-enabled and will leverage a high level of test automation and deployment automation to achieve Continuous Integration and Delivery.
• The team is a cross-functional team responsible for the end-to-end, full stack development of the application. While each team member has a primary skill set, they are also expected to learn and contribute to areas outside of their primary skill set. The team is highly collaborative and values continuous improvement and open communication.
• You will be expected to be a well regarded and respected individual contributor; possess strong inter-personal skills, as well as proven track record of application development with skills in Java, distributed cache technology and building scalable robust systems. In return you will have opportunity to gain exposure to designing, developing and deploying applications to the internal/external cloud.
• Excellent Core Java (version 8) with knowledge of Java 1.8 features
• Java Frameworks i.e. Spring; Hibernate
• Spring Boot
• RESTful microservices
• No-SQL database technologies; preferably Apache Cassandra
• Log Management with Splunk or ELK
• Apache Tomcat
• Experience working with a Distributed Cache (Gemfire, Hazel, Memcache)
• Multi-threaded Programming and Transaction Handling (JMS, Database)
• Source code control software (e.g. Git, subversion),
• Google Protocol buffers or similar binary message transport
• Experience working on high throughput mission critical high performance platforms which have low error rates
• Some RDBMS experience exposure
Desirable (but not essential):
• Cloud foundry or Amazon AWS experience
• Experience with Micro Services, Service Orientated Architectures
• Track record delivering in Investment Bank Environment
• UNIX shell scripting (1 year +)
• Functional Programming Languages such as Groovy
Continual Improvement in terms of Individual Performance, and approach
Strong communication and team-working skills
Bright and enthusiastic, self-starter
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Ability to thrive in a high pressure, mission critical environment
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co., we value the unique skills of every employee, and we are building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you are looking to build your career development as part of Global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.