The Global Compliance Operations team is responsible for supporting and leading aspects of the firm's AML program. The team works closely with the AML Program Management Office, Global Financial Crimes Compliance and the enterprise-wide control program teams to identify, remediate and track issues, and develop controls to sustain improvements as they are made.
The Client Screening Department plays a critical role in the successful execution of the firm's compliance mission. The department is responsible for the daily screening of 200 Million Clients / Entities against OFAC, International Sanctions, Politically Exposed Persons (PEP), Negative Media and various internal lists. The department interacts and escalates matches to each LOB and regulatory departments on a daily basis.
The department interacts and escalates matches to each LOB and regulatory departments on a daily basis.
Due to an expanding global footprint in accordance with the Corporate Location Strategy a new Client List Screening group is being created in Hyderabad, India to cover a number of screening functions currently residing in other locations.
The Client Screening Department currently has an opportunity for an Operations Manager who will be based in Hyderabad, India and assume the overall responsibility and development of a newly formed Holistic View team. A successful candidate will be expected to actively participate in the stand up and execution of the team and then assume the daily oversight and responsibility for all screening activates being performed within the team.
Once the new team is in an operational state the candidate will continue on the strategic vision and evolving of the team in partnership with their colleagues in the other Client Screening locations.
In this Associate role, the individual will report directly to the CLS Operations Head based in Hyderabad, India, they will also have in-direct reporting into the Global Head of CLS Operations.
- Direct oversight of 10+ person team including the day to day management ensuring that the thru put of work is to the required standards expected
- Coaching and mentoring of the Core Processing Analysts on a daily basis
- Documenting and escalation of any issues and concerns to the CLS Senior Management
- Understanding of all the risk and controls partners (Quality Assurance, Quality Testing, Controls and the RCSA process) as it pertains to the team. Execution of any expected work
- Develop excellent relationships with the other Client Screening Locations in North America
- Proactively gather and coordinate any changes to the firms screening policies / processes with Compliance or LOB Operations and Client List Screening
- Participate or lead other Client Screening or LOB aligned initiatives as necessary
- Detailed knowledge / subject matter expertise of CLS processes, Technology, Case Management and products / services
- Expected to understand and learn the existing procedures in place and then help with the training execution to the expanded team once all hires are in place
- Occasional travel and overtime may be required
- 10+ years experience in the Financial Services industry with a demonstrated track-record of delivery and/or relevant experience in Compliance, KYC and Screening
- Outstanding client management, partnership building, leadership and direct experience of dealing with multiple stakeholders at one time
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with colleagues and senior management
- Strong relationship building skills to influence/negotiate desired outcome
- Ability to deep-dive and investigate issues to see a successful resolution and broker the solution to applicable key managers
- Experience with the build out and execution of a new team or procedures, ability to identify risks and issues and successfully navigate through to completion
- Strong leader who can has experience with managing medium to large teams in an operational environment, able to show direction and guidance on a regular basis
- Proven track record of ongoing coaching, educating and directing a team, ideally has experience with leading a new team where there is limited knowledge in place and needs to be developed over time.
- Possess strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- AML/OFAC or Compliance experience highly desirable
- Self-reliance and willingness to "own" problems and creatively find solutions
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Foster and champion High Performance Culture where people are empowered to make decisions that affect their work/environment
- Develop and lead a team that is responsive to dynamic organizational and operational changes