Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
This is a Vice President position which will be responsible for the day-to-day assessment of impacts to CIB Mainframe applications across multiple mainframe sysplex environments guiding and influencing forward direction. The Mainframe Senior Technical Specialist will work directly with various senior managers across Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI), Corporate Technology and Risk (CTR), Application Development and Production Management.
Responsibilities will include working closely with mainframe technology teams to drive production changes to mainframe hardware and software infrastructure improving Stability and Resiliency. This position will own the Mainframe Resiliency and Wellness Agenda and coordinate impacts and engagement from teams to support changes across multiple mainframe infrastructures and platforms.
Key responsibilities and typical duties include the following:
- Resiliency best practices and forward planning with key partners
- Mainframe monitoring standards and other best practices
- Technical liaison between Application Development, Production Management, GTI, CTR
- Holistic architecture ownership working closely with GTI
- Executive communications / status on mainframe initiatives
- Coordinate mainframe cost saving initiatives
- Change Management technical assessment and coordination:
- Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) initiatives
- Multi-sysplex initiatives
- Application Development initiatives impacting multiple platforms
- Corporate Technology and Risk (CTR)
- Review security activities and initiatives and provide oversight and approval
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of strategic, analytical and software development skills with a focus on process improvement expertise along with exceptional client and relationship management skills. Experience managing an end to end technology environment, including experience with software, hardware and other infrastructure components is desired. Ideally the candidate will have knowledge of relevant businesses such as custody, fund accounting, clearing, securities lending and cash management.
- College degree in related technical/business areas or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 10 years of IT experience and related management experience
- Experience with an IBM zSeries Mainframe environment
- Knowledge of z/OS, JCL, TSO/ISPF
- Knowledge of COBOL/Natural
- Knowledge of DB2/ADABAS and VSAM
- Knowledge of Security tools RACF/ ACF2
- Knowledge of Change Tools: Changeman, Endevor
- Knowledge of CONTROL-M/CA-7/ZEKE scheduling tools
- Experience working with all types of data files including Generation Data Groups, VSAM, Partitioned, and Physical Sequential files
- Working knowledge of JCL and batch job execution in a mainframe environment including use of Procedures
- Experience with CICS for online application functionality
- Experience with MQSeries communications
- Understanding of the fundamentals of the financial services and operations industry
- Knowledge of NDM/sFTP transmission protocols
- Results driven, task manager of others
- Possesses high levels of energy and endurance
- Excellent proven problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Flexible, co-operative and resilient
- Able to work effectively under pressure and frequently changing priorities
- Effectively leverages knowledge to understand and address typical customer issues
- Must have excellent organizational skills and verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to meet deadlines and adjust productivity to support peak volumes
- Must be able to follow outlined processes and procedures accurately
- PC skills (Microsoft office proficiency Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Must be able to work in a team environment with a diverse group
- Must have the ability to develop consensus within a matrix-managed organizational climate of diverse operational activities (interface with lines of business and the Global Technology organization)
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.