As an experienced professional in our Cybersecurity organization, you’re equally committed to watching over our data today, as well as finding innovative new ways to protect it in the future. To do that, you’ll help lead a highly motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. You’ll use your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and support across all our business and technology groups. You’ll take the lead on incident response, risk reviews and vulnerability assessments, identifying threats, all of which ladder up to driving and selecting cost-effective solutions. You’ll deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. You’ll keep management, executive directors, managing directors and stakeholders in the loop, as well as managing people and budgets. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
JPMorgan Chase's Cybersecurity and Tech Controls Production Management group, within Global Technology, is responsible for delivering critical and foundational services for all technology infrastructure systems across Cyber and Technology Control portfolio. This includes the delivery of critical Production Services for Service Management, Monitoring, Resiliency, Capacity Management, Automation, and Configuration Management.
The CTCPM team is seeking an experienced Senior Enterprise Monitoring Lead that will be directly responsible for overseeing the daily use, maintenance, and improvement of advanced monitoring tools that are used to identify and communicate advanced condition monitoring of critical systems, components, and processes, to application managers and senior leaders. The Senior Monitoring Lead will work in an intellectually challenging and rewarding environment, as part of our Monitoring team to ensure daily operational needs and long-term strategic decisions are being supported through consistent stability and availability best practices
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Implement performance monitoring capabilities to drive mission critical improvements and efficiencies that support customer’s enterprise operations
• Simulate and measure Quality of Experience (QoE) for CTC applications through monitoring tools
• Monitor the health and performance of physical and virtual network infrastructure that host CTC applications
• Work with development and engineering teams to evaluate new system monitoring requirements
• Responsible for creating and refining event monitors for existing systems and new applications
• Setting and maintaining alerts and alert thresholds for new and existing applications
• Creating and maintaining monitoring dashboards that allow visibility for actionable and signal pane of glass views
• Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Go, Java, Python, Ruby, Shell for creating customized control monitoring
• Test and implement AppDynamics Monitoring Extensions appropriate for Client’s technology stack (e.g. Webservers; Messaging Tiers, Middleware’s, databases, infrastructure components).
• Ongoing Process Improvement: Develop project proposals to improve, upgrade or replace existing operations management tools and control effectiveness
• Systems & Application Monitoring: Support the ongoing process improvement of system and application monitoring. Ensure all systems are compliant with monitoring standards and customer requests
• Monitor systems’ utilization and enhance analysis/user environment through business process improvement initiatives
• Ability to refine functional requirements for monitoring and event management tools and participating in the development of an integrated monitoring/event management tooling strategy
• Establish standards for AppDynamics Controller and agent deployments, including optimizations and tunings per requirements.
• 3+ years of experience in a technical management position
• 3+ years of experience with Linux Systems Administration (Red Hat or CentOS preferred)
• Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
• Extensive experience with monitoring tools like Nagios, StatsD, InfluxDB, New Relic and Splunk
• Experience in designing, investigating, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale enterprise systems.
• Methodical and systematic problem solving approach, combined with a solid awareness of ownership, initiative and drive.
• Fluency with running services at scale; in depth understanding of UNIX systems internals and networking.
• Networking knowledge and in depth understanding of network concepts, such as different protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc.), MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing).
• Understanding of Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, taking in system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols along the way. Experience administering Linux systems in a production environment
• Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Go, Java, Python, Ruby, Shell
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
• Experience with distributed version control like Git or similar
• Experience with enterprise monitoring solutions like AppDynamics, New Relic, Prometheus, Graphite, Nagios, Sensu and Splunk
• Familiarity with continuous integration/deployment processes and tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, etc.,
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to negotiate compromise and demonstrate diplomacy in sensitive situations and to interact effectively with peers and management across diverse cultures
Your expertise in cyber, combined with your desire to provide innovative security services, will be an asset to our Cybersecurity team. Help deliver high-quality security solutions across all our lines of business around the world by creating, designing, implementing, and maintaining next-level technology. The work you’ll do is vital, as it will protect over $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits every day.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Apply today, and put your passion for technology to work at JPMorgan Chase & Co.