This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• An extensive background in developing and operating large-scale distributed applications
• Laser focus and be able to understand infrastructure solutions for scalability, reliability, high availability, performance, security, software maintainability, and operational excellence
• The ability to prioritize existing technical and infrastructure debt, and experience to build and execute a plan to pay it off
• Proven expertise working with others to drive alignment between operational projects and product roadmap
• Manage a team of Site Reliability Engineers passionate about providing 1st level response for production issues and drive resolution
• Establish best practices and craft runbooks for the SRE team to follow
• Create and implement a strategy to ensure we meet uptime and performance SLA's
• Work with DevOps and Engineering teams to ensure the stability and reliability of our platform
• Work with the latest monitoring tools and triage network, server and database issues
• Produce reliability and availability starting with metrics and measurements
• Enable scaling by providing tools, developing training and/or augmenting processes
• Build tools/automate to prevent re-occurrence of problem to mission critical products/services.
• Augment existing instrumentation to build a cohesive picture of the characteristics of our systems with special attention to points of failure.
• Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Saltstack, Chef and Puppet
• Build and drive the automation systems that maintain system health
• 3+ years of experience in a technical management position
• 3+ years of experience with Linux Systems Administration (Red Hat or CentOS preferred)
• Extensive experience with monitoring tools like Nagios, StatsD, InfluxDB, New Relic and Splunk
• Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, NGINX, Varnish, RabbitMQ, and Redis
• 12+ years in a software development, DevOps role, or SRE role.
• Fluency with running services at scale; In depth understanding of Unix systems internals and networking.
• Networking knowledge and in depth understanding of network concepts, such as different protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc.), MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing).
• Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Go, Java, Python, Ruby, Shell
• Experience with distributed version control like Git or similar
• Experience with enterprise monitoring solutions like AppDynamics, New Relic, Prometheus, Graphite, Nagios, Sensu and Splunk
• Familiarity with continuous integration/deployment processes and tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, etc.,
• Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis, and leading transformation efforts
• Experience in Agile SDLC practices with strong focus on continuous integration and continuous delivery pipeline automation and tooling.
• Experience in DevOps, and agile methodologies.
Your expertise in cyber, combined with your desire to provide innovative security services, will be an asset to our Cybersecurity team. Help deliver high-quality security solutions across all our lines of business around the world by creating, designing, implementing, and maintaining next-level technology. The work you’ll do is vital, as it will protect over $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits every day.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Apply today, and put your passion for technology to work at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.