Posting date: 3rd January 2018
Legal Entity : J.P. Morgan AG for Frankfurt
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
About J.P. Morgan Treasury Services
J.P. Morgan Treasury Services (TS) is one of the world's largest providers of treasury management services. J.P. Morgan's TS business is a full-service provider of innovative cash management, liquidity, commercial card, and escrow services - specifically developed to meet the challenges treasury professionals face today. More than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities in over 180 countries and territories entrust their business to J.P. Morgan.
Team Description & Summary of role
The EMEA Corporate Sales coverage team is part of the Global Corporate Bank and responsible for all EMEA HQ Corporates. The TS Sales role combines managing existing client relationships and building new business. The teams work closely with the various TS product areas of Core Cash, Liquidity Management, FX, Escrow, as well as the Merchant Services and Commercial Card product teams.
The corporate client base is changing significantly and so is the global landscape for payments. There are new business models which require a world-class global banking partner to support their growth/international expansion and there are traditional companies being forced to evaluate their approach to customers and payments.
This EMEA regional Treasury Services Sales role is the leader which will drive and partner across country, segment and line of business to set strategy and drive growth against these opportunities.
The role contains 3 parts:
TS Sales lead to all EMEA HQ ‘New Tech/’Next Gen’ clients who need a global banking partner. These clients will generally be new clients to the firm and this part of the role is Sales origination as well as long term relationship building. This is the primary part of the role.
· In addition, TS Sales segment lead for 'traditional' names migrating to new models. This is to own or partner with in-region Sales & Banking to position JPM to lead this dialogue and opportunity with existing clients that need support to evolve their Treasury as their business evolves.
· By extension of the above 2 roles, this position also acts as the Segment strategy leader for TS EMEA clients. This is leadership of segment strategy, knowledge sharing and solution development in partnership with Merchant Services, TS Product and TS Solutions team and drive global partnerships
For the primary role, the Sales lead is required to identify and execute of new and existing Treasury Services opportunities for high growth Technology clients in Europe, in partnership with the Global Corporate Banking (GCB) team. This will require support of overall business strategy with GCB, sponsorship for the name within the TS line of business and acting as the global lead across TS locations and deal processes. The position will carry both an annual closed new sales plan as well as a multi-year Portfolio target. These clients will also require significant ongoing relationship support and this role has the Treasury Services relationship responsibility for clients in the portfolio with focus on retaining and growing the relationship over time. Given the nature of these clients, there can be significant relationship responsibilities especially in the early days of doing business.
‘Traditional’ client opportunities are broadly defined. These could include companies moving to online, direct to customer, business models; companies shifting to new technologies; companies integrating payments/FX activity into their value proposition and so on. For such TS opportunities there may already be existing Treasury Services coverage. In these cases, this role will perform in partnership with the existing coverage team to identify and execute on opportunities by bringing solution expertise, segment knowledge and/or references from prior deals. The nature of each of these opportunities will vary depending on the division/structure/governance or stage of development of the client. The role is to ensure JPM is positioned to support the EMEA business teams with experience and case studies as well as execution in proactively taking this dialogue to our clients.
The segment strategy part of this role has 4 elements. Firstly to document and communicate the Treasury Services Market Strategy (aligned with GCB), including key trends and the direction client opportunities are taking as well as the multi-year revenue goals and ‘must win’ clients. Secondly, to partner with TS Product, Merchant Services and Chase Cards to understand, document and communicate our current and target state solutions and to sponsor any business case for future developments. Thirdly to partner with EMEA and global coverage personnel, including Client Service, to ensure we completely and competitively support these types of clients in the portfolio. Finally, to support the ‘up-skilling’ of the TS sales and Banking teams to be more capable and confident in identifying and discussing new technology opportunities.
Job Description: Additional Details
Reporting to the EMEA Regional Head of EMEA Corporate Banking Technology Client Coverage and the EMEA Regional Head of Treasury Services Corporate Sales in London, the Corporate Sales Manager is responsible for growing the portfolio of clients in line with the business plan.
The is a core business development role for a new segment of clients and the ability to build relationships and partner across JPMorgan is critical to optimise product and service delivery whilst developing, maintaining and enhancing the relationships with the clients.
- Achieve new business goals, including the annual sales plan at target margins by identifying prospects/opportunities, developing the approach/calling plans and engaging partners/ senior managers to influence decision makers at prospective clients.
- Developing and managing the pipeline of opportunities, and meeting annual sales revenue targets.
- Provide compelling financial and market analysis to support proposals for new business.
- Build a pipeline of potential and probable new business wins, documenting status and assumptions throughout the sales process.
- Maximize profitability with clients through the appropriate pricing of new business wins, product extensions, and cross-selling other JPM products.
- In partnership with other TS Executives, drive the execution of the sales strategy, to achieve new business sales objectives, maintain current revenue streams, expand market share and increase the share of wallet with target clients.
- Be the "voice of the client" for TS and deliver long term, ‘referenceable’ clients through a deep understanding of the client's needs and delivery of market leading client experience.
- Partner with Product and Client Service Executives to determine the optimum level of product integration and delivery which maximizes client satisfaction and profitability.
- Collect, manage and analyse key MIS to inform decisions.
- Responsible for addressing business issues such as risk, legal and compliance and managing resolution.
- Implementing and supporting ongoing client strategy and co-coordinating cross- sell opportunities with other parts of the Bank
- Management of the entire sales process from selling to full implementation (including proposals, contract negotiation, documentation and co-ordinating product partners / implementation teams).
- Representing TS at appropriate external market/industry forums.
- Raising the firm's visibility and manage/enhance oversight for its reputation and regulatory risk.
This role is a regional role and will require regular and, at times, intense travel mainly within the EMEA region. Given the nature of the target clients this can often be at short notice.
Sales management with proven track record in the Treasury Services world
Knowledge of Corporate cash management; best practices and cross-border business
Proven ability to adapt and develop solutions to fit client needs; ability to learn quickly new market and clients and pitch effectively to client needs
Solid knowledge of the European Technology Industry with the focus on Internet & Digital Media, Software and Fintech
Excellent communication and collaboration skills; builds relationships with ease
Demonstrated track record of collaboration across bank (or former employer) especially with relationship bankers, product, service and operations partners
Thought leader in solutions for client as demonstrated by articles, speaking engagements, industry bodies, etc...
Demonstrated ability to consider and identify client risk dynamics and drive team to manage risks, work with internal partners and clients to implement balanced risk/reward relationship
Strong organisational & planning skills and a track record of being able to follow through on your plans
Demonstrated ability to work across cultures with internal teams and external clients globally
Ability to operate in a matrix environment where you can demonstrate strong partnership in achieving your goals
Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight timeframes
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.