JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of over $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Commercial Banking (CB) delivers extensive industry knowledge, local expertise and seamless global capabilities to clients—including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, real estate investors and owners, and not-for-profit organizations—with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. We offer a comprehensive set of financial products and services including credit, asset-based lending, real estate finance and treasury. We also provide clients with access to investment banking and asset management services.
Credit Markets (CM) is a product segment within CB, consisting of Asset Based Lending (ABL), Equipment Finance (EF), the ESOP Advisory Group, the Syndicated Finance Group (SFG) and Trade Finance. CM acts as a strategic resource for bankers to bring customized, comprehensive solutions to meet the various business-specific or marketplace needs of the firm’s clients and prospects.
The CM lead business manager role will manage a team of business managers (onshore and offshore) supporting all 5 CM product groups. The role is accountable for the organization, delivery and execution of strategic and tactical initiatives to support the product groups and their respective priorities. The successful candidate will drive key projects and initiatives, deliver sales and client reporting and manage ongoing business needs. The role offers high visibility into CM and CB business strategy and partners closely with CM senior management as well as key product and functional partners.
This role represents an excellent opportunity for candidates to:
- Gain strong knowledge of CM products, CB Business Management and CB as a whole
- Be exposed to and influence the agendas of the CM and Business Management leadership teams
- Advance to other roles in CM, Business Management, Project Management or other functional areas (Finance/Marketing)
As the lead business manager for the CM Business Management team, primary responsibilities include:
- Acting as strategic partner and Business Management contact for the CM executives
- Managing a team of business managers, onshore and offshore, to effectively deliver support to all CM teams
- Leading the development, organization, and execution of major business initiatives and priorities through collaboration with senior management, sales teams and key product/functional partners
- Designing and preparing presentation materials for senior management, including Business Reviews, Senior Leadership presentations, Town Halls, etc.
- Executing on the internal marketing and communications needs of the CM product groups in partnership with CB Marketing
- Leveraging a strong understanding of the CM products, processes, systems and functional support teams in order to identify areas for continued process improvement and efficiencies and to drive business strategy
- Contributing to the development and implementation of best practices, project standards and procedures for CM Business Management team
- Representing CM in various CB and cross-LOB projects and partnering effectively with other teams within CB and in other LOBs
Key Skills Required:
- Leadership and interpersonal skills – Strong professional presence with the ability to interact and influence colleagues at all levels in the business. Strong management skills to effectively lead a team of business managers and collaborate cross-functionally. Proactively recommend opportunities for improvement to management and provides/seeks feedback and guidance.
- Execution and project management skills – Well-developed organizational skills to manage multiple projects and priorities. Able to quickly and effectively respond to rapidly changing business needs and urgent requests. Scope projects and create workable project plans. Must be self-directed with the ability to explore innovative ways to perform tasks in an efficient and timely manner. Must be proactive, detail and results-oriented, and willing to drive change. Strong time management and follow-up skills; flexible, ability to prioritize requests (for self and team) and multi-task
- Communications skills – Must possess strong verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to synthesize “the story” for executive-level audiences and adjust messages and style based on different audiences and agendas
- Problem solving skills – Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities coupled with the ability to identify issues, gather and manipulate data, obtain consensus and implement change. Able to outline work process in a thoughtful and detailed manner. Intellectually curious with a genuine interest in knowledge gathering and problem solving
- Technical and analytical skills – Able to produce accurate, error-free analysis and reporting. Understand business drivers and ensure that the groups’ analyses are sound. Capable of synthesizing large amounts of data in Excel and from internal systems to develop strategic conclusions