Associate – Software Engineering
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
You will be instrumental in and responsible for testing applications and solutions that address business needs by delivering new capabilities to customers and merchants across the Emerging Payments space. This will include testing transaction processing applications, including testing of heterogeneous interfaces across the ecosystem.
Work with business to drive demand management process for digital scrum teams.
Prioritize deliveries for scrum teams.
- Overall 12+ years of experience in delivering technology solutions
- 5+ years of experience as a practicing Scrum Master
- Scrum Certification is preferred
- 5+ years of web development experience working on Windows or Java platform
Drive the scrum team and the Product Owners in an Agile development process.
Help with dependency resolution for various scrum teams
Guards and shields the team from distractions and interruptions from external interferences
Enables close cooperation across all roles and functions and strong understanding of the overall software delivery lifecycle and activities
Promote and participate in the continuous improvement of structure, processes, tooling to enable the teams to deliver more value.
Identify opportunities for process and tool improvements and drive those from concept to implementation.
Engineer a world-class platform with an eye towards rapid iteration and creative problem solving.
Ensure quality and completeness of the product through unit, integration, and regression capabilities.
Adheres to architecture standards, risk management and security policies.
Contribute and collaborate in creation and consumption of open, standards-based solutions, while working with existing J.P.Morgan technologies and infrastructure.
· Excellent understanding of development concepts and SDLC methodologies.
· Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
· Understanding of object orientation and software design patterns
· Experience of testing at the unit, integration and system levels
· Experience with at least one web application server such as Tomcat, .NET or similar
· Experience in a developer contributor role
· Experienced leading team of application developers
· Understanding in JQuery, NodeJS, AngularJS, extJS, SenchaTouch Framework, Promise, and other frameworks like (FlightJS, requireJS, wireJS , AngularJS)
· Understanding of multithreaded software design.
· Understanding of the AJAX and Spring frameworks.
· Experience with other Agile/Lean practices such as XP or Kanban
· Participation in Test Driven Development or Business Driven Development
· Practice of Continuous Integration or Continuous Delivery
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.