Equity Derivatives Software Engineer-Executive Director
About the company
J.P. Morgan's focus on being the world's most successful financial services institution starts with Technology - the driving force that gives us our leading edge. Ongoing $billion investment in the firm's technological future means that by joining J.P. Morgan, you'll have a front-row seat to product innovation, and work on complex solutions to the most difficult financial problems.
Markets Technology provides end to end technology solutions for the firm's Investment Banking, Sales & Trading and Risk Management business areas.
Pyramid is a strategic platform for processing and risk managing equity derivatives in the Investment Bank. It is currently used by Equity Derivatives businesses globally. It is responsible for product modelling, trade capture, risk, event and position management, providing the books and records to the bank for trades and feeding downstream back office systems such as accounting, settlements, legal documentation and regulatory reporting. The products traded on this platform range from high volume listed and flow derivative products to extremely complex over-the-counter structured and securitized derivatives.
This is an opportunity to join an award winning technology team with very strong business sponsorship to deliver revenue enhancing technology and industry wide transformation.
Delivering high-quality and timely solutions on the Pyramid platform requires strong business analysis, product knowledge, technical and problem solving skills. The ideal candidate will have solid experience in financial markets and be a subject matter expert in trade processing of derivatives, together with having a proven track record in working on complex technology projects in partnership with Middle Office.
The equity derivatives agenda has a wide range of project including regulatory changes, business transformation and new product on-boarding.
The successful candidate will run a number of regulatory programs and be responsible for evolving our downstream reporting stack.
Product expertise will need to be supplemented with an in-depth understanding of derivatives end-to-end flows. They will need to have an informed view on the current and future regulatory / industry changes and how it will impact trading, operations and legal entity set-up.
The ability to bridge the gap between business, operations and technology is paramount in this role, to drive the business forward in their objectives whilst shaping truly innovative technology solutions. They will be required to participate in technical discussions and design sessions.
Lead regulatory change programs
Evolve technical architecture and target state
Support agile transformation of global development teams
Work with senior stakeholders in operations, front office / technology and other teams (legal, compliance) to define the requirements and solutions necessary to address industry / regulatory changes / new business demands
Provide regular updates to management in technology, middle office & front office
Produce implementation approach, timelines and go-live strategy
- Strong background of understanding end to end lifecycle of financial products (Equity derivatives or other derivatives) including: pricing, risk management, trade capture, confirmations, legal entity flows, accounting and regulatory requirements
- Ability to clearly define and articulate business requirements.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Confidence in communicating internally at all levels; candidate will be dealing with front office, middle office and technology teams on a daily basis who are both business and technically sophisticated
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and flexible with a positive attitude
- Excellent team-working skills
- Strong time management skills; efficient at multi-tasking and able to work under pressure to deliver multiple business demands on-time, to a high-level standard
- Regulatory project experience e.g. MIFID, Dodd-Frank, NCMR, etc.
- Understanding /experience of challenges facing investment banking in emerging markets
- P&L and risk management understanding an advantage
- Hands-on technical skills
- Degree level education or equivalent
- 7+ years experience within similar industry area
About JPMorgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its J.P. Morgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.