The Legal Obligations Controls Manager will be central point of contact for all legal obligation, privacy compliance and regulatory engagement globally for Global Security & Investigations (GS&I). This role will be the primary interface to the internal Office of Legal Obligations Group, Privacy Compliance Team, Inter-Affiliate Services (IAS) Governance Team as well as any external Regulators.
Drive global consistency for all compliance and regulatory risks and controls engagements.
Description of position:
This role will report into the EMEA/APAC GS&I Control Officer Manager. This position leads the global regulatory management, privacy and retention aspects for all product areas focusing on the specific obligations relative to Global Security & Investigations. This role is to ensure oversight for all GS&I areas specifically advising and delivering on OLO, Privacy Compliance, IAS Governance and Global Information Management requirements plus providing transparency and addressing challenges to ensure robust external regulatory compliance.
Through working with relevant internal groups including Legal and Compliance, this role also coordinates the agenda, priorities and execution of the Regulatory, Privacy and Retention Controls strategic direction, and works horizontally with local, regional as well as laterally with global control forums and committees.
An important part of the role is relationship management, working with relevant product and location managers, and also key control stakeholders globally, tracking all regulatory and compliance matters requiring attention to ensure accurate reporting of status and actions.
- Support GS&I Controls team in the construction and delivery of the regulatory, privacy and retention control oversight information gathering and analysis, in order to drive the overall program, including:
- Analyze, evaluate and update existing strategies, deficiencies and procedural gaps, recommending areas for improvement while mitigating risk
- Provide inputs on control metrics reporting to ensure consistency
- Translating controls information into actionable data for senior management
- Work closely with product managers in identifying and prioritizing legal, regulatory, privacy and retention issues for senior management escalation
- Use the firm-wide risk and control toolset to manage the regulatory, privacy and retention GS&I risks, controls, issues and action plans
- Act as the conduit into the Office of Legal Obligations for GS&I, providing associated GS&I reporting, OLO Champion metrics and implementation guidance for all identified impacting obligations including communication with other bank areas to determine ownership of obligation and corresponding due diligence to record ownership.
- Act as the conduit into IAS for GS&I, attending all related internal and firm-wide forums, overseeing the completion of any required status reporting on IAS activities and ensuring continued compliance with all IAS requirements on completed, work-in-progress and future projects.
- Act as the GS&I Privacy Champion attending all related internal forum, providing GS&I aligned reporting, metrics and implementation guidance for all impacting privacy related requirements.
- Act as the GS&I Retention Champion attending all related internal forum, providing GS&I aligned reporting, metrics and implementation guidance for all impacting retention related requirements.
- Be familiar with JPMC related policies, standards, procedures as well as regulatory expectations
- Focal point of contact with location and regional management for GS&I impacting regulatory, privacy and retention related matters
- Work with relevant location management and compliance team to manage relationships with external regulators
- Engage with regulators for ongoing supervision requirements
- Keep all stakeholders, including senior management, apprised of review progress
- Engage in appropriate and relevant industry forums, such as Risk forums
5 - 8 years’ relevant experience of legal obligations, privacy and retention requirements
Ability to carry out complex tasks under time pressure, while maintaining a high quality level
Proven ability to build strong working relationship with key stakeholders
Proven ability to support and deliver within a structured environment whilst operating independently and within team
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management in a collaborative manner
Enthusiastic, self-motivated and willing to take personal responsibility/accountability
Strong ability to multi-task and effective under pressure
Works well individually and in teams, shares information and supports colleagues
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer