Linear Quantitative Research
Application and Infrastructure Support
J.P. Morgan’s Global Quants Group in Mumbai was set up in 2013 as an extension of the Firm’s global quants teams around the world. It is a fast growing team covering multiple asset classes across geographies. It provides in-depth knowledge that is behind our Investment Banking, Structuring, Sales & Trading and Research businesses around the globe. Deeply integrated with our Investment Banking business, the team facilitates deals and transactions by providing vital research and insight.
This position is a Quant profile to support the activities of the Quantitative Research Group (cross asset classes) & Linear Quantitative Research (LQR) globally sitting out in Mumbai. The QR team in Mumbai plays a critical role in providing effective, timely and independent assessments of the Firm’s booking models of exotic structures and also help in developing new models for structures as and when necessary.
Linear Quantitative Research (LQR) is an expert quantitative modeling group in J.P. Morgan, an unchallenged leader in financial engineering, statistical modeling and portfolio management. With more than 30 researchers worldwide, LQR partners with traders, marketers and risk managers across all products and regions.
The LQR team is responsible for mainly the following:
- Developing mathematical models for systematic quantitative trading strategies, for example, Electronic Trading Algorithms, Index Arbitrage, Statistical Arbitrage, portfolio optimization, flow recommendation research, IOI and Market Making.
- Carrying out market microstructure research and writing white papers
This role provides you the opportunity to be a part of the LQR team in Mumbai. You will be responsible for supporting applications and infrastructure of the LQR team. In that capacity, you will establish and maintain Global relationships with business users in Hong Kong, London and New York. You will partner closely with the relevant technology teams to ensure smooth day to day operations, and perform escalations of critical production environment incidents, as well as proactively identify patterns for recurring incidents to determine root cause and improve service capabilities.
- Technology Refresh, Server Migration and readiness - setting up environment, jobs scheduling, testing & monitoring, firewall rules, users access, software, FIDs, NAS
- Complete compliance breaks, certifications, cyber security issues about the application and infrastructure
- Perform day-to-day production support to maximize system availability and correct operation, diagnose issues, with ownership of problems to resolution
- Develop enhancements and fixes in coordination with global quant team
- Support application release deployment activities into the production environment
- Maintain and manage application and infrastructure availability with resiliency discipline
- Perform and seek to continuously improve the monitoring of the application environment and supporting infrastructure
- Perform timely escalation of critical production environment incidents and proactively identify patterns of recurring incidents to improve service capabilities
- Develop and utilize core tools and processes to perform daily function whilst improving day to day practices for the global production management group.
- B.E./B.Tech/M.Tech/M.Sc from a premier institution
- Working experience on Windows and Linux environment (Commands, Shell scripting and productivity tools)
- Tasks scheduling and Job monitoring tools - Geneos, Autosys, Control-M
- Knowledge of Python, C++, SVN, Git; q/Kdb would be a Plus
- Prior experience in Application and Infrastructure support capacity would be a Plus
- Must be able to confidently multi-task in a complex and highly pressured production environment
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills
- Domain knowledge on Equities and derivatives would be a Plus
Ideal candidates for these positions would be a graduate/post-graduate from a premier college or institute. A computer science or mathematics background will be most suitable.
J.P. Morgan’s Global Quants Group provides a challenging work environment and excellent opportunities to learn and grow both at the Quants Group and in the Firm’s global network