Wholesale Client Onboarding - KYC Quality Control, Bournemouth
The Corporate Investment Bank, Know Your Customer (KYC) team plays a critical role in ensuring that as an organisation, we are compliant with multiple regulations, in order to protect the bank’s reputation and financial assets. JP Morgan has developed their Global Operating Model to provide a business wide process for the delivery of KYC across all Lines of Business in every Region.
As part of Banking Operations, the Wholesale Client Onboarding Team (WCOB) operates in close partnership with Sales, Operations, Credit, Legal and Compliance to provide efficient and timely on-boarding, renewal and remediation of client relationships to the JP Morgan infrastructure.
In order to support volumes, the KYC Quality Control team are expanding the Bournemouth footprint. The Analyst being sought will be responsible for performing end to end quality reviews (Checking) of KYC profiles to ensure compliance with corporate and local regulatory standards for new clients, incremental new business, periodic reviews and remediation of existing relationships.
The successful candidate will be familiar with working in an analytical environment, ability to evaluate complex and lengthy documents in order to ensure full adherence to regulation requirements, have knowledge of multiple client types, and have proven experience of producing quality work whilst maintaining regular throughput, adhering to time sensitive deadlines as necessary.
The individual must promote excellence; diversity, quality, respect, inclusivity and drive their own self development. The Analyst will report to the Quality Control Team Lead and will be pro-active, with a strong desire to succeed. Effective communication skills are a key part of this role as it requires building and maintain strong working relationships, in a changeable environment.
· Perform end to end quality review of KYC profiles for accuracy, completeness and validity, ensuring that the KYC records adhere to stringent JP Morgan standards for KYC and global regulatory requirements
· Maintain a globally agreed quality pass rate for records sampled by the Quality Assurance Team
· Manage personal workload and priority items, and ensure timely escalation of key risks/issues to management
· Keep informed of and apply any changes to processes, procedures and regulatory change
· Assist with change management for integration of KYC policy, procedures and training material updates for the Onboarding Teams
· Collaborate with management for new starter training plans and ongoing knowledge sharing to the Onboarding Teams, driven by root cause error analysis and promoting best practice
· Provide responses on areas identified by Audit and Regulator reviews in line with requirements stipulated by the Controls Team
· Partner with management to ensure KPI's are in line with business requirements, monitor metrics reporting, highlight concerns, propose resolution and track progress
· Develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders, proactively build and maintain relationships across the firm
· Identify and execute process improvements and provide Subject Matter Expert support on key process and technology initiatives
· Support Management with additional tasks such as prioritisation, escalations, workflow management, team oversight, recruitment and group initiatives
· Experience of working in the Financial Industry
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to influence others
· Excellent analytical and research skills, detail oriented. Ability to deep-dive and investigate issues to reach a successful resolution to applicable parties
· Strong time management skills, self-directing and capable of dealing with high pressure, time sensitive tasks
· Quality-focused work ethic with a strong controls mind-set
· Able to demonstrate flexibility and operate in a changeable environment
· Proactive and accountable
· Successful relationship builder
· B.S. Degree or equivalent
· Previous management experience in the Financial Sector
· Previous work experience in any of the following areas or similar: KYC/AML/Compliance/Audit/Regulation/Risk & Controls
· Knowledge of Corporate & Investment Banking products
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.