About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world
The successful candidate will work closely with the Bengaluru Oversight & Control Vice President to help oversee the execution of the controls agenda within the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Global Service Center in Bengaluru. The individual will be an integral part of the CIB Oversight & Control team working on all controls related matters impacting the Bengaluru Global Service Center. This role carries with it the opportunity to influence continuous controls improvement across the operations organization in Bengaluru.
The successful candidate will have a reporting line to the CIB Oversight & Control lead. The role will include oversight across all CIB lines of business supported from the Bengaluru Global Service Centers – Banking, Investor Services, Markets & ROU.
The core responsibilities for the role will include but not be limited to the following:-
- Partner with the CIB Bengaluru business aligned Control Officers & Operations staff to drive a continuous improvement program to ensure a best in class controls environment across the site
- Drive best practices and process standardization across the site where appropriate
- Provide advisory support on all operational control related matters to the CIB Bengaluru Controls Officers & Operations staff
- Partner and assist on cross line of business controls related initiatives and programs
- Partner with the India Learning & Development Team to continue to develop and enhance controls training programs to ensure high levels of controls awareness are maintained in Bengaluru
- Monitor Key Risk Indicators, analyze trends, and define solutions for identified controls weaknesses and gaps
Skills & Qualifications
The successful candidate will be a motivated, experienced professional seeking a broad and dynamic role in Oversight & Control. He/she should demonstrate a deep understanding of operational risk and control and have relevant product/business knowledge.
Applicants should possess excellent interpersonal, communication, stakeholder and relationship management skills as the role requires interaction with personnel across all levels of experience, seniority, product lines and functions.
Preferred applicants will have a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in CIB Operations and/or Controls.