CIB- Treasury Services-Technical Project Manager , VP
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Treasury Services
J.P. Morgan Treasury Services (TS) is one of the world's largest providers of treasury management services. J.P. Morgan's TS business is a full-service provider of innovative cash management, trade, liquidity, commercial card, and escrow services - specifically developed to meet the challenges treasury professionals face today. More than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities in over 180 countries and territories entrust their business to J.P. Morgan.
Who we are
We are a new and rapidly growing team of change agents inside J.P. Morgan. We are data scientists, design strategists and business leaders set on creating and building data products that transform the way we and our clients do business - balancing the art of decision making with science.
What we build will matter and have huge impact; our products and solutions will reach thousands of our clients around the world, and affect how J.P. Morgan does business. Our group will also work closely with FinTech teams to find emerging
tech companies that can help us accelerate development of new products.
This is a fascinating time, as new technologies, analytics and business models are emerging with the potential to radically transform financial services. You will be at the leading edge inside the company driving change.
We are seeking a technical project manager to collaborate with engineering, product management and business partners in the delivery of data driven products and services.
The position requires expertise with program and project delivery, software delivery lifecycle, scrum and familiarity with python and big data based programming architecture concepts. Being able to stay highly organized across multiple projects, make good risk-based decisions with limited information, function calmly under pressure and communicate effectively is also required.
Additionally, the ideal candidate possesses a passion for emerging technology concepts, new product development and basic understanding of data and analytics.
• Develop project plans and execution approaches for a number of initiatives that are defined by client requirements and business specifications
• Lead project execution across technology, data and product teams
• Monitor ongoing projects to evaluate progress and take action if any issues arise
• Conduct issue tracking, escalation, and impact quantification
• Track and communicate project status to technology and business partners
• Quantify exposure and severity of vulnerabilities or threats that have potential business impact
• Experienced self-starter that can take ownership of programs and projects, set timelines, work with sponsors, understand and drive forward strategies for completing efforts
• Minimum of 8 years of experience leading software delivery projects using both Waterfall and Agile delivery methodologies
o 4+ years of experience managing multiple projects and communicating with senior business and IT leaders
o 4+ years’ experience leading a diverse team in an IT organization with hands-on experience establishing program structure, governance, and strategy
• Strong leadership & interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead cross-functional teams to a solution and adjust leadership style for the situation
• Experience managing projects with geographically distributed and culturally diverse teams
• Knowledge of outsourcing methodologies and operating models, and working with professional services firms
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience