Associate, UX/UI Designer
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
• Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent design skills and creative flair
• Understanding of UX methodologies
• Experience facilitating or assisting with user research activities
• Collaborative mind-set and interest in working with other designers, product managers, technologists and business owners
• Strong communication skills and the ability to inspire others
• Strong attention to detail
• Self-motivated with the ability to juggle multiple projects
• Awareness of design trends, digital culture and contribute to it
• Sketching/illustration skills
• Experience in producing low and/or high fidelity wireframes
• A portfolio which demonstrates elegant, creative, usable, high quality products
• Fluency with design tools such as Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, Sketch, Axure, Photoshop or comparable
• Knowledge of front-end development technologies (HTML/CSS)
• An understanding of front-end frameworks (JQuery, Angular, nodeJS, WebSockets)
• An understanding of service oriented architecture (Web services, API, XML)
In alignment with GTI's goals, specific responsibilities will include:
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.