About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business (LOB) to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution, and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
Data Center Services (DCS) is responsible for the development of Data Center Strategy and Architecture to meet the firm’s compute and storage capacity requirements. DCS is also responsible for the management of Data Center capacity, placement, governance reporting, and metrics. DCS is accountable for Global Data Center management, incident support, and operations including Moves, Adds, Changes, and Cabling. DCS is also responsible for the Global Media management function, providing physical data guardianship of removable media for the Data Center sites.
The Data Center Services (DCS) organization, together with Supply Chain, works to deliver seamless end-to-end Data Center services for the firm-including provisioning of all core infrastructures services (network, storage, and compute).
The role is part of a client focused Data Center operations team working in shifts to manage the Data Center and Line-of-Business (LoB) Co-location environments in Singapore. The objective of the team is to manage the balance between businesses led technological change and the need to ensure that systems maintain high availability and low risk of information loss.
This is achieved through managing compliance with Global standards, policies and Standard Operating Procedures covering: Physical Access Control, Data Center Operations, Asset Management, Logistics, Media Operations, Break fix, and Incident Resolution.
This role will report to the Singapore Data Center Site Manager.
As a Data Center Site Engineer you will be specifically responsible for:
· Part of a client focused Data Center operations team that manages the Data Center and LoB Co-lo environments in Singapore in compliance with Global, Regional, and Local standards, policies and Standard Operating Procedures including:
o Physical Access Control
o Asset Management
o Media Operations
o Break fix and
o Incident Resolution
· The successful applicant will be required to work on a 8 x 5 shift basis with rotating on-call responsibilities.
Daily activities will include:
- Installation of new equipment into data center equipment racks;
- Installation of new cabling and cable management;
- Removal of decommissioned equipment and cabling;
- Incident resolution and change management;
- Managing data center access for all visitors;
- Managing third party vendors to ensure compliance with JPMorgan standards;
- IT asset management including inventory management;
- Capacity management to ensure adequate headroom for future LoB and IT demands;
- Logistics tasks including deliveries of equipment and storeroom management; and
- Media operations.
- Ensuring all changes within or affecting the Data Center space comply with the change management process and are effectively evaluated for the potential impacts or risks to DC operations from proposed changes to production and development systems.
- Ensuring the implementation and maintenance of global operating processes and procedures.
- Alignment of operational activities to the company standards, technical vision, and roadmaps.
- Affecting change within sphere of influence and leading practices.
- Work with global peers to develop, update, and implement policies.
- Participation in Global Data Center Services forums for the development of innovative improvements and world-class Data Center practices and procedures.
- Driving continual service improvement.